Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! For the most of you who don't know me, I'm Kristen. I moved back here last August from Virginia to finish school at UWM.
The point of this thread is that I am running the Chicago Marathon in October and I have volunteered to be a Charity Runner for the American Cancer Society and my goal is to raise $750.
If any of you are interested to know more and are possibly willing to donate please read my web page and learn why I'm running for ACS.
www.charityrunner.org
on the left hand side go to sponsor a runner and enter my name
Kristen Bauman and then click on the link for my web page.
If anyone would like to run with me I would love to form a team for raising money and can always use more company during my training. You can contact me at [email protected] Thanks!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
specialK said:
Hey everyone! For the most of you who don't know me, I'm Kristen. I moved back here last August from Virginia to finish school at UWM.
The point of this thread is that I am running the Chicago Marathon in October and I have volunteered to be a Charity Runner for the American Cancer Society and my goal is to raise $750.
If any of you are interested to know more and are possibly willing to donate please read my web page and learn why I'm running for ACS.
www.charityrunner.org
on the left hand side go to sponsor a runner and enter my name
Kristen Bauman and then click on the link for my web page.
If anyone would like to run with me I would love to form a team for raising money and can always use more company during my training. You can contact me at [email protected] Thanks!

I will be donating....what a great cause.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Good luck with your marathon. I am currently training to do the lakefront marathon in early october. You have a time goal in mind? Consider a few more dollars added to your fund too.

To everyone else, training for a marathon takes an incredible amount of commitment in the form of both physical and mental strength. It takes at least a good 3-4 months of consistant running in order to be in good enough shape for one. Really consider throwing in a little towards her goal.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, appreciate it. I was training for the Rock and Roll half marathon in VA Beach last year when I ended up moving and couldnt do it. So I decided to go for the full marathon this year.
I gave up alcohol until after the race and I just finished my longest run of 11 miles yesterday. Going for 12 this Sunday.
My cousin passed away last year from cancer along with 3 of my grandparents and my mom just went through radiation for a precancerous lump in her breast. If anyone wants me to run in memory or honor of someone I can pin ribbons on my racing jersey while I run. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts