Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we still don't have a lot of active people on here, but I'd say Amazing April is a great way to put it.

I've found in march that self motivation has really been a good key for me. I have papers up all over my wall with thoughts I have, or quotes I read that really motivate me to get my workout in. Its amazing how much it helps, everytime I'm sitting at my desk, I can see these and it is great how applicable they are to both my physical well being and my everyday life.

I try to use one as a motivating theme for each month. March was: If you rely on luck, rather than hard work to get you anywhere, you're betting against yourself. This was a great motivator to get me working out as often as I needed to. However, for April, I've found that recently I've been falling into a bit more of a rut in that I'm concerned with doing everything perfectly. Now, I haven't been lifting, just doing bodyweight exercises, so doing things perfectly isn't as crucial for the sake of avoiding severe injury, but it has deterred me a bit. That was, until I found my motivation for April: It doesn't matter if you're doing it perfectly. You're trying, and that's 100% better than everyone who sits around making excuses why they aren't!

But as far as bodyweight goes, I have to say, I'm loving it! It has definitely gotten trickier, and thankfully Jo has helped me a good bit with that. I've gone from a standard routine found on Nerdfitness, to a more spruced up one myself that I absolutely love doing. I've really felt the difference in strength and ability and progress made with this faster than anything else. And the best part, it doesn' ttake 1-2 hours! Now I get my circuits done in about 20 minutes, followed by 20 minutes of core or yoga workouts that are really improving my overall balance (and physique!).

Honestly, I had felt a bit down, I've felt as if I haven't been making much progress.... Until I found some old pictures, and took a new update photo today! Although I didn't take today's without my shirt, you can still tell a noticeable difference.

This first picture was just from February 1st. Look at how flabby, and lack of tone there was...

Now, compared to today...

Holy hell was I impressed with myself! I honestly haven't found something I've enjoyed other than running that I've stuck to for this long, and am glad I have! Keep up the hard work everyone!

·
Registered
160 Posts
i just had a bad tendonitis flare a month or so after moving up to a 4 mile running course, so out of commission for a while running-wise. switching to bicycling only for cardio until feet & calves are better, otoh now might be a good time to put more effort into upper body stuff. still about 15 lbs heavy, but slowly getting down.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
:WOOT

been thinking I needed to get back in here- I've dropped quiet a bit of BF at this point and I'm pretty happy. Except i"m having to buy more clothes because none of mine fuckigg fit- lame.

been lifting 2-3 times a week + HIIT and now swim 2x a week.

I took my first spin class on Friday- I hated it. I'm now scheduling it into my week for every friday. :D

win. It's summer time folks- let's not slack off!!!

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I definitely slacked off this evening. I ate a pizza after being out in the hot sun all day. MotoGP is exhausting, I've walked probably at least 8 miles a day around the track.

But now I feel super bloated and bleh, now I remember why I haven't had a slice of pizza since February.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
yeah- I went 6 weeks no processed sugar- final day of the challenge- guess who dived into a vat of friendly's hunka chunka peanut butter chocolate whatever...

ZOMG it was amazing.

10 minutes later instand sugar headache...

3-5 days later- massive break out.

yes- lesson learned- thank you friendlys for fucking up my face.

I'm pretty good about bread- I seriously stopped craving it after the first week or two- sure I MISS it but no way I craved it like I do sugar. The next 6 week thing I did I gave up the sugar- it was fucking wretched- the whole time I was craving and lusting after it. I'm MUCH better this challenge- definitely feel like I have a handle on it. Can't wait to see what the results are in 6 weeks!!!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Still around, and have been working out regularly. Just haven't been posting in here.

I did a 5K last weekend, so most of my training was focusing on beating my old time. Then I traveled to Boston this past week for business (went up Wednesday and had to leave early on Friday due to the lockdown).

The next few weeks I'll be focusing on cardio to try to tone up a bit before my trip to South Beach (Miami). I have pretty low bodyfat right now as I can see a six pack, but I would like to cut back just a bit still. Since my shoulder is still bugging me a bit when it's stressed (it's been about a year since I first stopped heavy weightlifting because of the pain) I'm just going to continue focusing on cardio and light workouts. '

My goal from here on out is to exercise everyday except Friday until I go back into a 4-day gym weight lifting routine. Basically if I'm not at the gym, which is once or twice a week, I'm running at least 3 miles.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Did 5 x5 pull ups Friday.

half were weighted.

yes- I walked out of the gym like a fucking god. yes yezzir I did.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah, mornings I'm staggering around like a cripple from the extensor tendinitis, a <slow>healer- did not know how bad it was getting until I eased off. At least the tendonitis up in the calf on the other leg is doing lots better. Going to try a bicycle ride now, do some hill climbs etc at least...

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did 5 x5 pull ups Friday.

half were weighted.

yes- I walked out of the gym like a fucking god. yes yezzir I did.
Nice! Last week I finally did my first 5 noncheating pushups, 5 times. Not a lot, but for a 225 pound guy who has NEVER been able to do a pushup, it felt really good!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've been working the pushups too, it really transforms the upper body. I do sets of 15, they put a hurting on pretty quickly. I have the non-cheating pushups progressing, but the 2nd type- forget the name- where you touch thumbs & forefingers, making a triangle, positioned just above the stomach are tough- it works an entirely different set of muscles. OTOH I've not done any kind of pullups since I was in high school, I'm essentially a complete noob there..

Doing leg-raises while hanging from a bar is my goal, but thats going to be a while.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Diamond push ups? Those are pretty tough for sure!

Why do you want to do leg raises? Just wondering what the purpose of it is, are you trying to get a solid core workout?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Core strength, endurance etc mostly. I've been working from the Convict Conditioning book- pushups, pullups, leg work; the only stuff you need is a floor, wall and some odds and ends. I like how they structure the exercises from noob to extreme with emphasis on form- so the pullup w/ leg raise is one of the goals, likewise the one arm pushups etc.. The squats have really helped my stair-climbing at work (office on the 4th floor), though I'm only at the stage where I'm moving one leg off center a ways and stabilizing with a horizontal arm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts