Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both motorcycle racing, but both very different. I try to watch both as much as I can, but which do you prefer? I like Superbike racing, as they use bikes that if I had the cash, could go to the dealership and ride home a tamed version of what they race. Don't get me wrong, MotoGP is awesome, but I'll never own a RC211V, and that sorta takes something away for me compared to Superbike racing.

·
Banned
5,056 Posts
Eh...So far its just MotoGP for me..... its really exciting IMO... the skill level is just another step above... Its like People who enjoy both College football and NFL... but I cant bring myself to get into college... I just enjoy the NFL.....and that goes the same with motorcycle racing for me so its only MotoGP for me right now...

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I watch both, but don't really care for AMA Superbike much. Moto GP is my fav, sometimes the 125 GP has some really tight racing even though I don't follow it a whole lot.

Qwikk brought up a good point, the commentators for GP are awesome. They make a good race even better it seems, and get riled up as much as I do, and usually even more!

There have been some good WSBK races lately too. Being a v-twin fan, I've been very happy that Toseland and Laconi have been right up top with the the "big boys", Suzuki and Honda. I'm a Honda fan for sure, but it's pretty obvious that Suzuki has the bike to beat this year in both AMA and WSBK. Vermuelen, Zemke, and Duhamel are my 3 fav. racers.

Vincent H. was also doing great in FX running against the factory Hondas in that class. I really sympathize with him too, because I too was in a bad motorcycle accident last fall and also suffered a broken back. My doctor said that most people with my injury (shattered L5) do not walk again. With lots of titanium, rehab, and food, I have recovered well enough to ride again. I only hope Vincent can do the same, even if he hangs up the racing idea. If I were to ever meet him, I'd definately buy him all the beer he could drink.

·
voted for an American
4,580 Posts
Josh D said:
I watch both, but don't really care for AMA Superbike much. Moto GP is my fav, sometimes the 125 GP has some really tight racing even though I don't follow it a whole lot.

Qwikk brought up a good point, the commentators for GP are awesome. They make a good race even better it seems, and get riled up as much as I do, and usually even more!

There have been some good WSBK races lately too. Being a v-twin fan, I've been very happy that Toseland and Laconi have been right up top with the the "big boys", Suzuki and Honda. I'm a Honda fan for sure, but it's pretty obvious that Suzuki has the bike to beat this year in both AMA and WSBK. Vermuelen, Zemke, and Duhamel are my 3 fav. racers.

Vincent H. was also doing great in FX running against the factory Hondas in that class. I really sympathize with him too, because I too was in a bad motorcycle accident last fall and also suffered a broken back. My doctor said that most people with my injury (shattered L5) do not walk again. With lots of titanium, rehab, and food, I have recovered well enough to ride again. I only hope Vincent can do the same, even if he hangs up the racing idea. If I were to ever meet him, I'd definately buy him all the beer he could drink.
Wow great to hear of a rider recovering from such a wild ride and have such high spirits towards riding again. Much props!!

·
Nihongo Hanaseruzo!
1,465 Posts
MotoGP for me.

Just seems like the riders with the most skill are there. MotoGP seems like the top of the food chain as far as bikes and riders...so naturally thats what I wanna watch.

AMA races are interesting because they rock bikes that I could buy...but that also makes it a little bit lame. I wanna see SUPER bikes that do 200+ with guys nutz enough to ride them duke it out. Thats just me.

Also...after watching Faster how could anyone help but start following MotoGP?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Truck said:
Both motorcycle racing, but both very different. I try to watch both as much as I can, but which do you prefer? I like Superbike racing, as they use bikes that if I had the cash, could go to the dealership and ride home a tamed version of what they race. Don't get me wrong, MotoGP is awesome, but I'll never own a RC211V, and that sorta takes something away for me compared to Superbike racing.
You dont own a RC211V? Ive got the three last versions in my garage :lol I like watching GP's more the superbike.

·
Registered
251 Posts
MotoGP seems to be far more interesting; the battles at the top positions get pretty fierce and at least one of the announcers goes crazy all the time, heh heh. AMA has its moments, but seems like the field gets strung out more, with less head to head battling.

·
Banned
730 Posts
MotoGP. Any other two-wheeled roadracing is somehwere below talent-wise, commentator-wise, locations, 'brella girls-wise, you name it. The talent pool's so much deeper there's simply no comparison. Mladin OWNS Superbike, but he himself has said he wouldn't be competitive against Rossi. I do think he'd probably be in the top 5 consistently though. With the right bike, crew, etc., of course.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I love MotoGP, I also really enjoy AMA Superbikes ( I like supersport, superstock and formula extreme too, not to mention I like WSB ). Anyway I think the AMA is fairly close to putting something really exciting out there. They need more corporate sponsorships so you can have teams that are not factory competing for a win. Jordan is going to help alot and hopefully soon there will be a couple more teams like his and in a year or two maybe these teams will be competative. I could be dreaming but I really hope the AMA can step it up a little.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
As long as it involves motorcycles and racing, i don't care! I'll watch them all

1 - 20 of 47 Posts