Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Superbike fan
871 Posts
I went last year and had a good time. The track wasn't terrific for spectating though. I heard they have a new promoter and they are supposed to be doing things differently including adding some grandstands and a lot of side attractions.

I'm not going to be making it there this year but I just got back from Mid-Ohio and that was awesome. I love going to AMA races.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This will by my first. They supposedly have a new section on one of the turns. It will be cool just to be there. I figured we could just walk around to different viewing spots, but what do I know. I'm just psyched to be going.

Drool city. Don't know how I'm going to control myself. :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
I went last year. Had a great time. VIR is a fun track to walk around as there are few corners you can't reach. Wandering the pits was awesome, especially when bumping into riders after hours. :) My favorite viewing place was the top of Turn 14 at the top of the "Roller Coaster". Very close to the racing line.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. I can't wait. We're camping near the pits. Should be some good late night activities, from what I hear.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I'm there.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
JumboTron this year! :cheers
It's a great track and a very fan friendly atmosphere. Usually lots of on track drama as well.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only 1 month to go!! Maybe I'll see some of you there!

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
This is one of the GSXR anniversary events where we can do parade laps and get free stuff. If you're a gixxer owner that is.

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Glad I remembered that and just signed up at Suzuki's site for my free two day pass. You'll need your vin number and provide proof of ownership at the track for the free stuff. Damn, guess I really did buy the right bike.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm in, kinda too close not to be. :beer

·
Registered
308 Posts
How late can you get tickets / reserve hotel rooms for this race?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wouldn't wait too long to get a hotel. We have our tickets already, but I'm pretty sure you can get them at the gate.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
I few questions - I want to go.
1) tickets to get in? how much and where to get them?
2) hotel rooms - or camping?
3) someone had mentioned camping - how much, where, showers available?
Awesome, I think that I am going to be there.

-Matt

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
gixernut said:
This will by my first. They supposedly have a new section on one of the turns. It will be cool just to be there. I figured we could just walk around to different viewing spots, but what do I know. I'm just psyched to be going.

Drool city. Don't know how I'm going to control myself. :)
you're gonna have so much fun...i remember my first time - AWESOME :beer
so basically you suck cause i'm on the other side of the country and i have to watch it on speedchannel :popcorn

1 - 20 of 24 Posts