Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am 5'7, close to 5'8. When im on the bike, I have to use my tippy toes, and not the ball of my feet. Maybe my legs are short;)

Is there a way to lower the bike without buying new springs or something?

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
If I can ride any sportbike out there at 5'5", you can at 5'7"

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
I agree with 5ninero. But if you want to drop a little just get some different height links. They make a set that will fit on your bike and you can adjust them quite a bit while they are still on the bike and not have to take them off all the time and swap to another set. Check them out at www.naarden.biz

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Just ride the thing dude and learn to shift your weight from one side to the other when your stoped.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Is that with boots on? Add another inch to your height if you are. You should be okay.

I've seen folks ride at stock height at 5'5". Shave seat, drop bike with links, etc. but those have some implications in handling.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
you should be fine, I'm 5'6 and don't have a problem.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Join the club. I'm 5'8" and had to shift from one leg to the other on my RR. Don't let it affect your riding. The only real thing you can do is lessen the spring preload on the rear shoch as much as possible. That might give you an extra half inch if your lucky.

·
Registered
136 Posts
over the past few days Ive sat on the R6, ZX-6R and CBR 600 RR, Gixer 600 and I got the balls of my feet down on all of them and Im about 5'7. The 600 RR felt the best to me prob tied w/ the R6 but the reach to the handle bars was nice and I like the riding position on the 600 RR

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm 5'8" with a 29" inseam. I ride mine just fine at stock height. I as well as some of the others just shift my weight to one leg when stopped. In my own opinion don't lower your bike (it isn't a car).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Height doesn't matter so much as inseam. My inseam is about a 29-30 and I ride my RR fine. I just have to do the one foot lean at stops.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think you should be okay, if not, go get some lowering links.

·
Lickalotapuss
2,859 Posts
+1 on shifting your weight and not lowering bike if you don't have to. I am 5'4" and tippy toe at lights. You just need to think a second if the road is leaning to the left...sometimes I just put the right foot down if there is a big slope to the left.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i've got a 30" inseam and at first i had trouble with it too. (first bike) i ended up lowing it an inch with a vortex link. (like... 100 bucks) i could flat-foot it with no problems but it kinda felt like the back turned-in slower now..... if that makes any sense....

"they" say that when you lower the bike you lose suspension travel. not a problem if you are under like 150lbs. i'm like 165 pushing 170 so i raised the rear preload a click to compesate for it. much better now, though still not "rr"

i am thinking about pulling the link off now that i am a little more comfortable on the bike.

·
e-ninja bitches!!!!!!!!!!
148 Posts
i'm 5'3" and ride an 05 rr i lowered it one inch with the dogbones and its fine. the only thing is you need to do is cut the kickstand down

·
Banned
2,172 Posts
I would say you're fine. I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam. As long as you've got your toes down, you're fine. The RR was my last bike.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts