Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beginning to wonder... I see other riders with leather jackets (once in a while) but I never see other motorcyclists wearing full leathers. Why?

:twofinger

·
old member
13,079 Posts
I wear a 2 piece suit, boots, gloves, and helmet unless it's really hot (90+). Then it's mesh jacket and pants plus the other stuff. Others don't because they believe "it can't happen to me". /shrug

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yes you are.

I always wear my helmet, gloves and boots... and most of the time a jacket (I only own textile and mesh). And I dont own any type of riding pants, but I always wear jeans.

·
Registered
37 Posts
One reason, is they are not thinking very smart. No offense to anyone !! I wear a 2 piece, helmet, gloves, and boots. I too am the only one I see that wears all the gear. Granted, I live in a very warm and muggy state so most shy away from leather. I get hot in mine, but only when I sit still for a few. No big deal. I would rather be hot and safe. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
i wear mine when i know i'm going to be riding hard that night (i mainly ride at night) w/the group. if i am by myself, i'll wear everything except leather pants. then i wear jeans...i know, not the smartest, but i attract enough attention as it is on the bike. wearing my suit, if i am by myself is worse than putting a sign above me saying, "please fuck w/me"

·
Registered
765 Posts
Full race leathers (one piece suit, gloves, boots, back protector, and helmet) when I am only riding (not going to the store, etc).

Otherwise - Vanson leather jacket with full pads/back protector, gloves, and helmet.

·
Banned
730 Posts
krbprogrammer said:
I wear a 2 piece
That must be the new Levi's two piece in your avatar then? :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
vuu16v said:
That must be the new Levi's two piece in your avatar then? :)

How did you guess? Its brand new! :)
I will be updating the pic to include my pants as well. I have only been out a few times, in jeans, and I am still putting all the gear together. I wear it all except I'm still without the boots. They will be in this week hopefully.

I too can admit that I was not too bright for not wearing the full outfit. I just couldn't resist riding my new bike and not waiting for all the gear first. My mistake for not getting gear before the bike.

·
Banned
730 Posts
krbprogrammer said:
How did you guess? Its brand new! :)
I will be updating the pic to include my pants as well. I have only been out a few times, in jeans, and I am still putting all the gear together. I wear it all except I'm still without the boots. They will be in this week hopefully.

I too can admit that I was not too bright for not wearing the full outfit. I just couldn't resist riding my new bike and not waiting for all the gear first. My mistake for not getting gear before the bike.
No sweat. I was just joshin' ya'. I wish I had gear as comfy as an old pair of Levi's.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Back when I had my streetbike I always had my 1 piece suit on. Alot of the people I rode with couldn't understand why so they started calling me "Leathers". We used to go out and ride some twisty back roads and I wanted the extra protection. Lately I've only been riding on the track so it's full gear all the time. If/ when I get another streetbike I'll still use all my gear. I've seen gear save alot of people and have seen alot of people without gear getting hurt so I learned to deal with being hot when stopped at a light.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wear my jacket, pants, boots, etc almost every time I ride, but have rarely see another rider wearing pants. This morning for example, the speed of traffic on the freeway was 85-90. I would hate to have an accident at those speeds in anything less than full gear.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I wear mine when I'm out riding but if I'm going to school or just around town then I'll just throw on a helmet,jacket,gloves, and boots w/some jeans.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I wear my helmet, jacket, pants, boots, gloves every time I ride. I admit the pants were a more recent addition though. Before that always jeans though. Just seen too many f'd up pictures of people without gear (riding pants). So I've chosen to wear full gear everytime I ride. To each their own though.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
i wear mine most of the time - pretty much the only time i don't is if i have a passanger cause she has a hard time hanging on when i wear the leather

Attachments

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
i commute, so no, i donr wear full gear all the time. though i always wear helemt, gloves, at least mesh jacket, and riding shoes and jeans.

unless im going to the beach to wheelie down the street weith girls on the back, then its just tanktop, fishin shorts and sandals, with a good pair of sunglasses. alot of hairspry too, just for the extra protection.

·
IM A BAD ASS WITH A STICK
374 Posts
kranok said:
i commute, so no, i donr wear full gear all the time. though i always wear helemt, gloves, at least mesh jacket, and riding shoes and jeans.

unless im going to the beach to wheelie down the street weith girls on the back, then its just tanktop, fishin shorts and sandals, with a good pair of sunglasses. alot of hairspry too, just for the extra protection.
ahahah ive seen people do that makes me laugh :gay

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got back from a trip to Europe (Englad, France, Holland, Belgium, Germany and Austria).

Tons of bikes on the roads (especially in London!!!). Not ONCE did I see any rider in less than boots, helmet and Leather jacket. Most (i would honestly say more than 90 % had on full leathers). We took the ferry from London to Calais, France and back and there were about 50 or so bikes on the ship each time with the cars and buses. Each rider that I saw walking around the ferry on both trips had on full suits with racing boots and were carrying their helmets. Definitely a different mind-set in Europe when it comes to riding.

Here, people would definitely stare if I wore what they wore. But, even though its 90+ almost everyday, it doesn't stop me from wearing my Sidi Airs, Helmet and Vanson perf EVERY time i go out. Even to the Blockbuster 1/4 mile away.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts