Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
insanity or genius
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like i am the only Bandit rider on the site most of the time. But where are all those people I see riding Bandits? There are THOUSANDS of them here in Atlanta. Strrefighter bike of choice, budget knee dragger delight, surely you all have a computer?

I ride a 2001 GSF600S Bandit in grand blue.
I found a college kids bike with 3,000 miles on it, garage kept. Ive added Battalax tires, a fork spring kit, some air box mods, a good filter, mobil one synthetic, a timing advancer, rejetted, and a D&D pipe and mid pipe from collector back. I love my little 90 hp 11,500 rpm screamer. (2006 Honda CBR600 is 99hp).
Its inexpensive, costs 75$ a year to insure, of course I am old and have been riding the road since before many were born.

I think they are really good sportbikes to get started on or to hone your skills. I am going to find a GSXR600 for a track bike and ride my comfprtable little Bandit on the road till the wheels fall off. Dont you wish sometimes your bike sat as good as mine? Sure is comfy, still hauls some a**??

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a black 02 Bandit 600. Bandits don't have the flash appeal that many sportbike riders desire. You don't see them raced on TV, they don't have fancy graphics, and they aren't made in Italy.

That being said they are pretty quick, handle well, and are comfy enough for 700 mile per day rides.

·
insanity or genius
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah Bill your hitting on something, the bandit isnt flashy enough. I dont think all the artwork, frames and motors should be covered in plastic.

I was at a hardware store the other day and my D&D pipe is way too loud, teenager working at the store came out and said it was a great looking bike, but he told me I could get fairing lowers to cover the motor???
He just didnt see things like I do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've actually been trying to find out more info about the 600 bandits. Is there a bandit specific forum out there somewhere?

-J

·
insanity or genius
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cycle World has the bike at 99hp in the August Master bike test issue and 101hp in July issue, most bikes vary a couple, most testers say the 99 is more like it.
These bikes were dynoed, but as you know bikes vary from bike to bike depending on tolerances and break in proceedures.

The Bandit has its own forum google Bandit Alley.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Have you seen the new liquid cooled Bandits? Unfortunately, only the 1250 is coming to the US. No 650. That's right, everybody else gets a 650!

ABS is optional, too.

·
insanity or genius
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JK750, it just doesnt make sense to me. If everyone is riding plastic than who are all these guys buying naked? FZ's, monsters, aprillas, MV, triumph, Z1000, and thousands of Bandits cruising the roads.
I am concerned that the Bandit got the water cooled update but gained some pounds. The bike was heavy enough, carrying heavier steel (instead of aluminum or other) parts than the sportbike counter parts.
The 650 makes a nice antagonist to the smooth SV, I like my I4 wailing machine.

I think weve been cheated???

·
THE BIG CHEEZE
2,744 Posts
btw,

so you can get a lower fairing?

i like the full fairing look and hadn't really considered the bandit because it didn't have one

·
insanity or genius
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have an S model Bandit with the half fairing. The lowers are available from many sources, both in plastic and fiberglass, painted and unpainted.

Lockhart Phillips
JMV
TCP (who alegedly made them for suzuki to be sold thru dealers overseas only)

I like mine naked but I think the bike looks good with lowers.

·
insanity or genius
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Theres a plastic set on ebay for $259, banditmania has a great selection of bandit goodies but there are in UK. Set of painted fairing lowers is about $500.
Streetfighters has had them in the past also. Not sure who deals lockhart phillips?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Another B12 owner checking in. Mine's all naked though:

I'm active on Max-Suzuki and just found this site while looking for some leathers! I had a D&D too and that thing was just too loud. I now run a Holeshot pipe. Plus a few other mods!!

:cheers

·
insanity or genius
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
welcome, bike looks great.
I dont think the D&D is going to hold up but until then you wont have to wonder where I am behind you, man is it loud when that throttle is open, sounds great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
MRCHEN said:
welcome, bike looks great.
I dont think the D&D is going to hold up but until then you wont have to wonder where I am behind you, man is it loud when that throttle is open, sounds great.
Yeah, we live above the freeway but far enough that you only hear Harleys with straight pipes and really loud sportbikes. With the D&D my wife always used to be able to hear when I was coming home! :lao

·
Registered
38 Posts
Naked 12 here also...............
Part of the whole reason why I like the bandit is because it is a little different. Im not trying to be the most flashy or coolest out there, and besides whats cooler than having a bare bones rocket??? Just like old school muscle cars, might not have the flash, but the grunt is enough to make you smile.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts