Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a sore throat for 3 days now. sucks. it only hurts if i swallow.

I dont have a stuffed up nose yet, well, its very minimum could be cause im indoors.

my temps a perfect 98.6. I never take my temp when im sick. So is my temp suppose to rise when im sick?

and no i didn't swallow anything like rsixxy :D

usually the sore throats go away within a day for me, so im curious about it now.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Walk it off.

or.......

Take some medicine, I am no doctor but I don't think your temp would go up on account of sore throat...then again, i have never had it.

·
Banned
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont take any medicine. I havn't prob for 10 years. okay ive taken couch drops, im a hypocrite.

i take cough drops if its just really bad. But it only hurts when i swallow.

I think you get a sore throat when your tonsils are bad too. But thats just my medical knowledge from watching the brady bunch.

only time i get sore throats is when i get sick, or when i sleep the house is really dry but that goes away.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Well from your past experiances I say take some cough drops, but then again, I am not a doctor and never have had sore throat. I actually don't get sick often, lol.

·
Banned
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i use to get sick twice a year, now it seems its more often.

could be the work environment. People dont wash their hands anymore after wiping their ass.

·
Registered
160 Posts
man, i dont want to scare you. lol, but 3 weeks ago, my throat hurt a little, and a few days later i was a wreck. i swear to god, i went to the doctors with swollen tonsils... he didnt know what it was so they did a blood test and throat swab. i had strep throat, tonsillitis, mono, and a 24 hour stomache bug. i just got over it.... except the mono. i still need to sleep if i walk for more then 7 steps. but it could just be a little cold... lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
What you want to do is to start drinking juice of some sort that has Vitamin C. Orange juice or grapefruit juice like ocean spray grapefruit with tangerine. The vitamin C will boost your immune system. No your temp doesn't have to rise for you to have an infection. You could have a viral infection or a bacterial infection. Either of which will or will not cause your body's temp to rise depending on how it reacts to it. Generally fevers are a sign that your body is fighting the infection and is a good thing.

Anyways, if your sore throat is bothering you get some cepacol or zinc lozenges, they will numb the pain.

If the sore throat continues for a week, go see a doctor.

·
Registered
160 Posts
TexasRyda said:
Jesus man, that must suck ass! Talk about bad luck. Do you get sick easily?
not at all... i cant even remember the last time i got sick. i havent thrown up in 12 years. unfortunately, that record was broken because of that stomache bug. but it was a tough three weeks. i couldnt swallow anything. when i got hungry, i ate ice cubes. lol i did lose 12 pounds. i guess thats kinda good. but now that i can swallow i plan to gain every last pound back. haha :)

·
Banned
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seinfeld hasn't vomited since the 3rd superman movie. well, something like that.

I havnt vomited for a long time, i think the last time must have been more then 10 years ago.

kissing, me? I wish. my coworker wanted me to touch her ass, well the phone that was in her back pocket to feel the vibration. If i wasn't at work, i would. Maybe that would have lead to kissing.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
paulF3 said:
What you want to do is to start drinking juice of some sort that has Vitamin C. Orange juice or grapefruit juice like ocean spray grapefruit with tangerine. The vitamin C will boost your immune system. No your temp doesn't have to rise for you to have an infection. You could have a viral infection or a bacterial infection. Either of which will or will not cause your body's temp to rise depending on how it reacts to it. Generally fevers are a sign that your body is fighting the infection and is a good thing.

Anyways, if your sore throat is bothering you get some cepacol or zinc lozenges, they will numb the pain.

If the sore throat continues for a week, go see a doctor.
^^ screw that! That healthy shit is for the birds. What you need is some good old 180 proof alcohol to kill them dam germs off. I reccomend drinking heavily. WTF, if ya stay drunk for a week you will kill all the germs and won't care about how ya feel :D :D :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was coming down with a sore throat, migraine and shivers tonight...and i was supposed to go to a party..almost bailed on it. Well i went...drank 5 or 6 beers and started feeling better..i drank all night and now i am home feel %100 better...go figure. Sometimes when i feel like i am coming down with something, if i go ahead with an activity, physical, or social it goes away??? Power of the mind, or power of the beer???? Lol

·
Registered
765 Posts
I haven't been to a doctor in years, or even taken medicine. I started using old home remedies and a few I made up myself. I'm healthier now than I was when I was going to doctors. I swear, doctors will kill ya. Unless ur having a heart attack, avoid those money grubbing SOB's, ESPECIALLY, if you have insurance. If they find out you have insurance, they will treat you for things you dont even have, and test you for off the wall shit, just to milk more money out of it.

Get you some Nyquil and some Jack Daniels. run the Nyquil medicine cup over, take that, top off with two shots of the whiskey. Get under some thick blankets, and call me in the morning.

Or, if you are feeling really manly. Get you some Everclear (yes the 190 proof liqour). Mix about 1 oz, in some honey and lemon juice, add a touch of sugar. Keep adding ingredients until you can stand the taste. Drink it, it will burn like a mother on a sore throat. But if you do this before bed, you should feel better in the morning.

Also, like others said, if you get sick real easy, get you some vitamin C. Drink fruit juices insteads of soft drinks, etc etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Gixxer_Six2003 said:
I haven't been to a doctor in years, or even taken medicine. I started using old home remedies and a few I made up myself. I'm healthier now than I was when I was going to doctors. I swear, doctors will kill ya. Unless ur having a heart attack, avoid those money grubbing SOB's.
I wish that was an option for me, but I'm an insulin-dependant diabetic. :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts