Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering which would be a better look for a chain guard. you guys have any suggestion?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Picture of the bike would help....

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'd go for Aluminium... suits better with the frame and the semi-frame.

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
guard

i just sent the factory hugger to a company that will make the chain guard for me, but i was wondering which finnish would look best on the fz.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Aluminum would match the best.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
A brushed aluminum with a clear anodize would be your best bet. Either way, you'll want to anodize it, otherwise the aluminum will get eaten.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
segue00 said:
+1 on the Anodized brushed aluminum. How about brushed stainless, if it's not too expensive?
Just make sure it's 300 series stainless (303 and 304 are cheapest, 316 is more corrosion resistant), as the 400 series will rust.

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not sure what the finnish will be since it'll be a prototype and ill keep the first one made. but i will ask is they could do a brushed alum with a clear anodised finnish. maybe. stll not sure or if they will just give me whatever they feel like. anyways it'll be free and ofcourse i'll ask bout a group buy or discount for this forum.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
redoliander said:
not sure what the finnish will be since it'll be a prototype and ill keep the first one made. but i will ask is they could do a brushed alum with a clear anodised finnish. maybe. stll not sure or if they will just give me whatever they feel like. anyways it'll be free and ofcourse i'll ask bout a group buy or discount for this forum.
One thing to keep in mind about anodizing-there's generally a minimum batch fee. One part is generally a waste of time and if you can get multiple parts to anodize at one time, it'll make everyone happier.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Also, do you think that the chain guard could use a better design to help minimize the chain fling from going all over?

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
here are some examples of the r6 guard
not the best pics. sorry

Attachments

·
Sigh.......
291 Posts
Clear Anodizing aluminum (6061 or 7075 t6) will match the frame color best. Here locally it runs about $30.oo a batch. It can be many little parts or one big one, in the case of a chain guard you could get five or six of em' in a batch. You will also get the benefits of abrasion and corrosion resistance with anodizing.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
I think stainless 300 series is the way to go. No anodizing necessary and if you ever scratch it, just take a fine scouring pad to blend the scuffs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts