Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 5'10, but with a 29 to 30 inch inseam, so I really do not touch flat foot on my FZ6, I am considering having my seat altered, I am thinking of cutting the height and also making it narrower in the front. Does this sound logical?
Other ideas?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Have you tried adjusting the rear shock to make it softer? My mom is kinda short and she wanted to give my bike a ride but she couldn't touch the ground so we contemplated adjusting the shock to lower the height when weight is on it. Never did it but I've heard of people doing this to reduce seat height. I dunno if I'd sacrifice what little padding is there. Narrower would be an option.

I'm 5'-10" and I've noticed at stop lights and such I only have my toe down. My rear shock has softened up tho so if I rock forward or back I can just get my heal down.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
I am 5'8", but have a 32" inseam. I can barely get both of my feet flat on the ground. I would look into having some taking off the seat, before messing with the suspension. The suspension should be set to your weight and not your height.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually tried softing the rear shock but went back to factory, it really sucked, it did drop the seat a bit, not enough though, but it changed the geometry of the bike as the front remained at the original height so the bike was angled up, not that you could see it by looking at it but I could feel it when riding, it didnt feel right and it put more weight on my lower back. Maybe if I had shifted the front legs up in the clamps, but I didn't want to do this. I am going to look into the seat mod.
i wish there was a lowering kit for the bike.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Cavi said:
i wish there was a lowering kit for the bike.
That will be extremely difficult as this bike has the shock mounted directly to the frame and swingarm and does not use a linkage.

If it had a linkage, you could make some longer dogbones and drop the rear down, then drop the forks through the clamps.

That means the only safe way to lower the rear is to change to a shorter shock with the same or similar damping characteristics.

Skippy

·
Registered
72 Posts
The padding at the front of the seat is very thin, there's nothing to remove untill you hit the plastic base plate. narrowing would maybe help a bit.
I've seen someone that has altered the front suspension to bring it down. They put in shorter springs in and lowered the forks in the clamps. I recon it changes the geometry of the bike though.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice pic mxtr. Looks like some sort of sport bike rally...really neat..
looks like the sweetest bike there is an FZ6,,,hummmm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts