Sport Bikes banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alright guys, really need help on this one.

2K views 73 replies 30 participants last post by  Fred 
#1 · (Edited)
FLAME ME PLEASE im such an uber nub!!!

I am applying for my license on Monday. I have a certificate of completion of drivers course and on the paper that was issued in 2003 (the one i need to bring to DMV, to say I've completed the drivers ed, and the hours required) that had three boxes in it.

One says Drivers
one says motorized bicycle
one says motorcycle

in INK pen, the Drivers box is checked meaning that I completed the course.

What i was wondering however is if it is possible to check in INK also the box for motorcycle so I can get my motorcycle endorsement on it also. I just get fed up with all this bullcrap of having to fail so many times for that stupid ass test and our DMV. They make you do this crazy 180 in a small ass area. I drive fine and I feel that I deserve to get the motorcycle endorsement.

So is there any way that they would find out? I think the people who work there could care less if I did it or not.

I just need your opinion and please guys no flame such as "OMG just take the fucking course and learn how to drive u noob"

because the fact of the matter is, i drive fine and i know my limits and i deserve the license.

P.s.

im planning to take the msf course but I need the license now.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
will they accept a piece of paper that old?

and just cuz you think you "deserve" this license means jack........

it's kinda scary how you say you keep failing, i mean, state test are dumbed down for the public.....

and no, i don't think checking the box will get you your M/C endorsement. it may get you the state written test, and if you pass that you may get a M/C permit, that will allow you to ride a licensed rider.

and in TX the MSF can get you by the state riding test, by passing hte MSF riding test....

#9 ·
Now that went pretty well...

#10 ·
Sirius....you should of asked this "?" on a stunt board or somethig of the likes.

Most of us won't agree to doing something of this nature just to get a MI.Learn to ride the thing,a 180 in a small space is a very common maneuver and if you can't do it,you'll soon find your bike on the ground in a parking lot somewhere........Practice makes perfect.

#11 ·
it's more difficult to do the figure 8's on a cruiser, but on a sportbike it should be a piece of cake... like someone said just practice on your bike for as long as it takes. I had a yamaha tw200 during my class and I had the best results on figure 8...go figure, look at those ridiculous tires lol. try counterbalancing, push the handlebars in the direction you want to go and lean your weight in the opposite direction, slip the clutch if you have to reduce your speed. it feels good when you do it right.

and its not a pointless exercise, you will use this skill on the street. learn it.

#12 ·
The figure 8s are quite easy to do if you really know how to ride like you say you do. When I took the MSF everyone passed the test but then you're allowed to mess up a lil even on the figure 8 part.

I agree with the others that just because you "think" you deserve the license doesn't mean you should have it.

#13 ·
guys, im not sure if ur tests are as similiar as the ones down here but people rarely pass it unless they bring in a smaller size motorcycle. The 180 thing is just plain rediculous. I know that I can do a 180 for sure; its easy. I just cant do it with a Honda F3 in the area that they ask of me.

People down here usually skip the DMV driving test and just take the goddamn MSF course because it is easier. Trust me, I don't think very many of you guys would pass this test.

BTW, I failed it twice. and just that part. I think if the guy wasnt such an asshole, he would have given it to me because i did do a 180, just not in the lane they wanted me to. I guess I exagerrated when i said I fail a lot.

another thing is for some of you that flamed, it is pretty immature of you.

#14 ·
lilxboi - How lenient they are when comparing the DMV testing and the MSF testing is a world apart. The MSF is easy, but not the DMV test. Not unless you bring in a 150cc "moped" or something.

#16 ·
Oh yeah, I would like to thank Racer X to be the only one who stuck to the topic.

NAPALM - I dont think you understand that I have to be in Denver in one week to pic up my motorcycle from my father's house. My brother is a Full time student at the University of Iowa, and his Unit is active in the USMC (united states marine corps) so he is leaving soon. We are standing on borrowed time and I don't have the patience to retake my test. I need to switch on and off with him driving 800 miles home back to Iowa. So basically, like I've said, yes I would like to do it the legit way, but I don't have the time right now. Honestly.

And all you guys complaining about me breaking the law....ask yourselves individually how many times have you worked the system? I don't lie to yourself.

#19 · (Edited)
god. i swear some of you bitch when someone tries to work the system, and I know for a fact everyone in here has. All i have to say is fuck you and stay off this thread.

#20 ·
Napalm said:
Dude, you are the one trying to cheat to get your motorcycle license.. how immature is that...?
+1. Sirius, if you think you got "flamed", you've got another thing coming! Everyone here has been quite polite in answering your question, they just didn't give you the answers you wanted. Sorry. I do agree the small circle is kind of out dated for todays bikes turning radius, but if you need a smaller bike to pass the test, maybe you need a smaller bike for the road? You WILL need to make that small circle in some parking lot somewhere, possibly to avoid running into a parked car.....Another thought, if one day you are in an accident, and the other party can prove you did not belong on the road (i.e. you cheated to get your license, so in fact you are an unlicensed driver) it can be ruled your fault, even if not truly your fault. Practice 'till you can do it the right way, this isn't a junior high spelling test. (By the way, in California you have to come up a right lane, do TWO ccw 180s, come back in left lane, reverse, repeat). Good luck, glad you live in another state, at least you won't run into MY bike at the gas station. I guess this isn't the answer you were looking for either......

#22 ·
Sirius_GTO said:
god. i swear some of you are arrogant assholes that bitch when someone tries to work the system, and I know for a fact everyone in here has. All i have to say is fuck you and stay off this thread.
so why dont you just ride without a motorcycle endoresement? people do it every day.

if you're going to do something illegal, then just go all the damn way. no point in trying to fake it... just effin ride if you have that attitude. More people pass the MSF test because they've had specific instruction for the skills necessary to pass the test, whereas people who just go straight to DMV havent had such training. you're complaining about getting an M endorsement in the US, pfft what a joke why dont you try getting one in the UK. you would have to do time on a 125cc for years before they let you on a 600 supersport, you dont know how good you have it in this land of low driving standards...so stop complaining and either learn the skill or ride illegally, it's your choice.

I agree with the katana man, if you need a smaller bike to do this then get a ninja 250...and dont hit my truck in the parking lot or fall in front of me when you botch a u-turn.

#25 ·
I wouldn't fake the paper.
I have two questions?

How big is this circle?
Do you hang your ass off the outside of the turn to let the motorcycle lean in farther?
You should be able to make a smaller circle riding the bike than pushing it around with the steering at full lock.

PS. You will likely fail if you have to do a smoking donut to get your bike around in a confined space as in 1 parking space. If that's the silly rule, go borrow a minibike like everybody else to pass the stupid test.

#26 ·
ghost rider - thats basically how it is. No one that I know of has passed the test so they went on to take the MSF course. I DO need to borrow a smaller bike to pass the test, but its a big hassle and inconvenience because I dont know anyone that I could borrow that kind of bike from.

when i turn i steer one way and let my ass hang off the other way, its similiar to what u do when u ride a bicycle. m not even sure the area is even b***** than a parking lane. trust me its small.

thanks ghost rider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.