1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
If you can get a new Bora for 500, go for it. I have one and it is awesome. Most comfortable jacket I have had. I never had the SMX, but I did have the venom. A* is real nice, and the SMX looks like a nice jacket too, but the Bora is the most comfortable jacket I have ever worn, not only on the bike, but off it when filling with gas or a quick trip into the store. Lots of airflow, good for the summer, but on the cooler days, you def. have to wear something under it. The speed hump is cool, and the armor is real nice, I have the back protector in mine and you hardly can tell it is there unless you wear a backpack. The zipper at the bottm can also be modified to fit onto A* pants. I filed down the little knob thing at the beginning of the zip and now it fits.

Overall, very impressed with the Bora, and I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the SMX Air-Flo. It is very well made, very comfortable, and offers great protection. If you want the max protection, however, you should add the A* RC back protector (about $25. Note: you need a medium back protector for a large SMX Air-Flo because of the hump).

I haven't worn the Bora, so I can't say how it compares.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Not attempting a hijack or anything, but are there any other choices besides these too? I am also in the market for a similar jacket and was just curious to the other ones you guys liked.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I had a Corsa jacket before my Bora. It was a little elss than half the price, but it was almost as good as the Bora. It had all the CE armor, the speed hump, perforated, and was pretty comfortable when riding. Standing around in it could have been better, but it was better than my Alpinestars Venom. It was the Bawls jacket. They have them in Corona and some other styles. They are hard to find, but very good quality.

The Alpinestars Venom was a nice jacket as well. Lots of protection. It wasnt perforated though, so it got a little warm on the hot days. It was a little too power rangers for me though. I crashed in it and it held up pretty well. No damage to me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it. Hope some more owners chime in with their thoughts. Tdub, the only other jacket that I have seen that is similar is the Spidi NRG, might be worth looking into.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts