Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Roads were wet because of rain. My cage is in the shop getting fixed so I had to take my bike to work. I was heading down a 6 lane hwy driving in a straight line doing the speed limit when a cager decided he wanted to be in my lane. He moved over with out looking in his mirrors. I had to hit the brakes. with brakes applied this knob came with in 5 inches from hitting my front tire. So I lay on my horn and the guy through his hands up at me like it was my fault. I get up to the light and was next to him he said, " You need to watch what you are doing because you almost hit me!" I said to him Bull shit Obvously you were not paying attention because you would of seen me in your mirrors or heard my loud bike. Just because its crummy outside doesnt mean that bikes are not on the roads. Pull your head out of your ass and pay attention. He then flipped me off so I reved my motor and had it pop really loud in his ear and took off. God I hate people on the roads.

·
Registered
163 Posts
That is a daily occurence around here whether I am in my truck or on my bike. Freaking idiots out there that shouldn't even have their license.

·
Registered
488 Posts
good to hear you didnt get wrecked..shoulda called the cops and said he was drivin drunk.. lol

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Riding in the rain on the highways is a frequent state of affairs in New England in spring...

Just stay out of cagers' blindspots at all costs. Either pass quickly so you are ahead of them and thus visible, or hang back far enough that they can change lanes without pinching you. Try to stay to either the far right or the far left lane - not a middle lane - that way you only have one side to worry about.

Also when entering an adjacent car's danger zone, EXPECT that they're gonna pinch you. Watch the driver if possible and be looking for signs that they're gonna change lanes. Either let a gap open up so you can squirt quickly ahead, or cover the brakes and be ready to use them.

It doesn't matter who's right or who's wrong, only who's left.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
The bird probably would have gotten me off my bike right away and there would have no doubt been a fistfight. I'm sorry but I cant control myself if someone recklessly puts me in mortal danger and not only fails to take responsibility for it but flips me off over it. :mg

I admire your cool.

Oh, and thank god you are OK. Be safe.

·
Bring It!
935 Posts
That's what always pisses me off, when they think it's your fault. Sometimes when assfucks do shit like that to me and I get pissed, I taunt the shit out of them. Most of the time they think I'm just beeing a dick because they don't even know that they almost killed me. They don't have a clue. FUCKERS!!!!

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
GixxersRule said:
Sometimes when assfucks do shit like that to me and I get pissed, I taunt the shit out of them. Most of the time they think I'm just beeing a dick because they don't even know that they almost killed me.
So what's the point then? All you're doing is making cagers think all motorcyclists are lunatics with anger-management issues.

Don't get me wrong; I understand road-rage! Almost getting killed by an ignorant jerkoff in an SUV with a cellphone glued to their head is not fun. :ar But what happens if the fool you're raving at is an even b***** lunatic than you? You'll lose a vehicular confrontation, in a big way!

Better to just keep your cool, be alert and aware, and ride defensively.

·
Superbike fan
871 Posts
GixxersRule said:
That's what always pisses me off, when they think it's your fault.
+1

Nobody ever wants to admit they made a mistake. Like it's our fault for trying to use the road too or something.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Glad you are ok and didn't get run over. Just have to remember those damn cagers take their mind off the road way TOO much. Watch out for those nuts out there too some of them have NO sense and will shoot your ass for nothing. :nuts :nuts

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Silver350 said:
Well Roads were wet because of rain. My cage is in the shop getting fixed so I had to take my bike to work. I was heading down a 6 lane hwy driving in a straight line doing the speed limit when a cager decided he wanted to be in my lane. He moved over with out looking in his mirrors. I had to hit the brakes. with brakes applied this knob came with in 5 inches from hitting my front tire. So I lay on my horn and the guy through his hands up at me like it was my fault. I get up to the light and was next to him he said, " You need to watch what you are doing because you almost hit me!" I said to him Bull shit Obvously you were not paying attention because you would of seen me in your mirrors or heard my loud bike. Just because its crummy outside doesnt mean that bikes are not on the roads. Pull your head out of your ass and pay attention. He then flipped me off so I reved my motor and had it pop really loud in his ear and took off. God I hate people on the roads.
This is one of the biggest reasons why I'm glad I live in a small town. I saw similiar incidents to yours happen to both my brother and my friend. The strange thing is they both happened in Milwaukee too!!! Go figure.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yea, it was a crummy morning today. Were you on Hwy100? It seems like it doesn't matter what time of day it is, there's always an idiot or two out there.

Glad you stayed up on two.

·
Registered
426 Posts
F&D said:
Riding in the rain on the highways is a frequent state of affairs in New England in spring...

Just stay out of cagers' blindspots at all costs. Either pass quickly so you are ahead of them and thus visible, or hang back far enough that they can change lanes without pinching you. Try to stay to either the far right or the far left lane - not a middle lane - that way you only have one side to worry about.

Also when entering an adjacent car's danger zone, EXPECT that they're gonna pinch you. Watch the driver if possible and be looking for signs that they're gonna change lanes. Either let a gap open up so you can squirt quickly ahead, or cover the brakes and be ready to use them.

It doesn't matter who's right or who's wrong, only who's left.
Best advice thus far. It helps to ride defensively. Staying away from trouble spots or bad drivers that you think would do something stupid.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sounds like alot of the drivers around here, you just gotta watch out and keep alert

1 - 14 of 14 Posts