Sport Bikes banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding today with FZ6 Dude down some back roads, and he was taking the turns a bit faster then I could, but I was doing my best to keep up, but in a sweeping left turn I drifted off the road, nearly into a long white wood fence.

Luckily there was about 6 feet of grass between the road and the fence, and I was able to keep the bike up while slowing down in the bumpy grass. Didn't drop it but scared the bejesus out of me. I don't think I took any more corners faster then 30 the rest of the way home lol.

·
Lickalotapuss
2,859 Posts
Problem: ...doing my best to keep up....

Stop doing that and ride your own pace. Glad it was a painless lesson :)

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
harleyxlc said:
Problem: ...doing my best to keep up....

Stop doing that and ride your own pace. Glad it was a painless lesson :)
+1

dsenart, i have to keep that in mind too when i ride with a certain friend of mine. this dude keeps the roads here in san diego hot!! all he does is ride, i don't know where he finds the time. anyway, he is faster than i am and each time i ride with him i have to keep in mind that he knows these roads much better than i do. so, i just get in my zone and forget about him and concentrate on my ride.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'll have to keep that in mind for tomorrow if FZ6-Dude decides we're riding in the morning... I never try to keep up with the faster riders. I've only been at it for a couple of years, so I'm still (and will always be) learning.

Oh, and I'm glad you managed to keep it up on 2 wheels!!! I hope if I'm ever in that situation, I can do the same..... :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i was shaking for a bit afterwards lol. I wasn't going as fast as him through the turns, on the straightaways is where i caught up to him, i wasn't going through the turn faster then I can handle, it was mostly unfamiliararity of the roads mostly, combined with my inexperience. But I am glad it happened cause I learned from it.

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
oh, and btw, glad you kept it upright.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thats the most important thing is that you learn from your mistakes. Its even better if your mistakes dont cost you money or blood.

·
FZ6 Corner Carver
12,159 Posts
hey man im glad you kept it up as well and glad we stopped after it happened for a breather and a chance to critique what went wrong and had a good rest of the run... man i knew i shouldnt have set a pace like i did and let ya run in front... but we managed and i hope your able to come back out for another run...

·
bite the wax tadpole
2,116 Posts
FZ6 Dude, I'm starting to wonder.....

are you bad luck??

·
FZ6 Corner Carver
12,159 Posts
daytonaguy said:
FZ6 Dude, I'm starting to wonder.....

are you bad luck??
could be... :eek:nfloor you know will wrecked when i rode with him one time as well...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah im up for riding again :) im not going to let this stop me.

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
I wish I had gotten to ride. My parts didn't come until last night and took 15 minutes to install. Sounds like you guys had fun...and learned a valuable lesson.

·
FZ6 Corner Carver
12,159 Posts
we'll get out there again freaky... im off tuesday i believe...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts