Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
ghillie14 said:
Wow... Nice TL Cajun
I agree. I belong to so many boards online, car, bike, computers, etc. Out of all the boards with the thousands upon thousands of members, racerx is the only person i block and put on my ignore list. Every bike board I belong to that I see him on, I ignore him. He seems so insecure in himself that he has to pick on people to elevate himself to some God-like status, when in actuality most people see him as a pompous prick.

Everytime someone asks a question about bikes, he automatically assumes they're new, have never ridden, and never taken the msf. Furthermore, even when a seasoned rider is looking to move to a different bike, he takes jabs at the person saying they shouldnt bc they should track their current bike instead. News flash, but very few people can ride ANY bike to its limits. So why cant they just enjoy the bikes they buy, provided it's in a manner that doesnt harm/interfere with anyone else?

·
Registered
137 Posts
That's how I try to live my life...enjoy myself and try not to step on anyones toes along the way, or hit any foxes that daRT out in front of me.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
woohooo.........made another ignore list........ :alky BFD

as for cajun, i guess breaks in paragraphs aren't allowed in LA. :lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just for the records...........what bike did you start on RacerX? If my memory serves me right (and it has been a while) it wasn't exactly the type of bike you preach to the masses. :twofinger

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
nope, you can just live and learn........;)

·
Sandbox hater!!
629 Posts
If I am not mistaken It was a GS500 or something like that is there a GS600?? Either way I don't think it was a EX500 or even the famous Rebel 250.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
cajunTLR: what's with the SV650 bashing? There is a HUGE SV650 racing community, and those guys would absolutely DESTROY your Tiller around the track on their "GAY GAY GAY" 650. It's funny how you talk shit about something you know nothing about.

·
Sandbox hater!!
629 Posts
K now You are a fellow service member and you have a nice Aprilia there ( wish I had one) But.......... I do not consider a SV a sport bike. And the only thing I hate more than a sport cruiser is a Ducati!! Sorry but you know the only reason you have both of those bikes is because you are getting paid extra BAH and COLA. They are just not worth the price especially when all of the Jap bikes are beating them in everything even Superbike now. And yes they would destory ME but not someone on a Tiller that races it . Why cause it is a SPORTBIKE!! I have friends with them and they say the same thing the agree that it isn't one and didn't know too much about bikes when the got them. Not to say it isn't a nice bike just like I said isn't a sportbike. I like how they look with full fairings but just don't consider them a sportbike. And my point was how can he pass judgement on sportbikes and which one people should get when he doesn't have a sportbike and he has two bikes. But again passing judgement on how or why or what someone should ride. And you are the second worst post jumper and only second to him when it comes to negativity. Sorry but search your post and look what you say then look at some one like Krazy HI not nearly the amount of attitude and negativity that you guys send out. Oh hey Fire how long you been riding and what did you start off with. Just to see if he considers you a newb also. And having two bikes doesn't qualify just means you are stationed in Italy and get extra money. But then again maybe I will have two when I go to Iraq and Afganastan. ( just a little hateing cause I am a broke ass)

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
man, has this thread gone down........:lol, the ignorance is getting deeeep.

btw, they stopped make the TLS and TLR........:lol, must not have been that great a sportbike

fyi, duc's are the epitome of sportbikes...... :brick <--------cajun.......:lol

·
Sandbox hater!!
629 Posts
Oh I did forget to mention one thing. Why is it that you with all that I said, and others agreeing, you didn't say I do it because... XYZ you just either made fun of my bike, grammer ( Yes schools in LA suck) or about the ignorance of this post. And actually acting more imature then the kids that you say can't handle the bikes that they are thinking about. It takes a big man to take critcism and apply it and admit that he was wrong. But it takes a hell of alot smaller man to poke fun at people and run them down, so I guess we know what kind you are. And I would consider the Duc the epitome of sportbikes if Ducati actually made the stuff that makes them that. Take a GSXR or a CBR1000RR and put ohlins, brembos, showa, magneisum ( think thats how you spell it) rims and all that other crap and see what is a better sport bike. It is quite obvious that they are no longer the Epitome of sportbikes now are they since they are only winning in Superbike and barely doing that when a Honda is nipping on their heels. And I never said I had the best sport bike mine is slow, heavy and a big pain in the ass but nevertheless a sportbike. Just one that suzuki kinda screwed up on trying to make it like a Duc. But mine is still a hell of alot more of a sportbike that what you have. Actually yours is a little more than half of mine now isn't it. :)

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
I just ask that we don't get the cajuns confussed here on SBN.

I for one,am embaresed for the other.

And if you take that atitude with you to Iraq.one of them ******** is gonna hand you your head.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
mmm, your criteria for sportbike sounds like "current top of the line SS bike".

I find it absolutely stupid. But who cares, the YZF600 is a sport tourer and the Hayabusa is a wheeled-couch.

I love your "throttle control" is everything attitude. Your example of the unavoidable accident could be true, but, have you heard about "escape routes", hint, it requires a lot of control of the bike, steering and brakes.

Now explain me why is that most newbie mistakes are related to running out of the road, lack of bike control, excesive use of the brakes, etc?

I've seen a lot more accidents caused by extremely good brakes than accidents caused by "throttle control"...

By the way, doing 100mph on a parking lot is not related to throttle control, it is more like lack of brains...

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Hummmm, Ducati can't beat anyone huh? Lets check the latest MotoGP stats shall we!

Honda: 225pts
Yamaha: 199pts
Ducati: 94pts
Suzuki: 48pts
Kawasaki: 46pts

Hummmmm, isn't that interesting, in the biggest and most popular motorcycle racing organization around Ducati places 3rd, with DOUBLE the points of Suzuki and Kawasaki. Hummmm, yeah I guess Ducati isn't really a sport bike. Also if I remember correctly Sport Rider and Cycle World (two very sportbike biased mags) declared the Ducati 996 motorcycle of the decade, yeah I guess they don't know much about what makes a real sportbike.

To answer your question I've been riding since I was 17, 8 years now. I started on a Ninja EX500, had it for a little over a year, and starting small made me a better rider for it. I owned a Tiller for 2 years, it was a great long distance bike, and I would consider it much less sporty than either of the bikes I have now. You have obviously never ridden a 996/998/916/748/749/999/etc to have the audacity to claim they aren't sport bikes. This 996 will chew you up and spit you out faster than you can even imagine junior.

I sometimes post negatively because I try to help people learn from the past mistakes that have been made, there are so many factors that make starting on a 600ss a bad idea, people are going to do it anyways, and I accept that, but I'll do my damnest to try to keep these kids from making a mistake that's already been made time and time again. Just because you start on a litrebike and don't wreck for a year or more doesn't mean you are a good rider and doesn't mean you should have started on that bike.

I fucking dare you to try to ride a 996 and tell me it's not a sportbike, you have zero fucking clue. Also Cajun, what bike did YOU start on, how long have YOU been riding? Also I notice you forgot to list your age? How old are you anyways? I think I have an idea, but who knows, immaturity and ignorance can stretch far beyond teenage years.

BTW I think you may want to consider e-mailing Loris Capirossi, Troy Bayliss, Neil Hodgson, and Ruben Xaus and inform them that they aren't riding a true sportbike, they must have missed that press release you saw! :lol

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Can't say enough good things about it. As long as I can get it back to the states with me when I come back I'll be racing it in whatever class I can. I'm leaving the engine mods to a minimum, concentrating on suspension work, Marchesinis coming soon. It's an outstanding bike, the top end rebuilds do get annoying, but it still costs less than all the 600 boys spend on tires alone. I can make one set of tires last 4 full track days, try that on a 600SS/litrebike :flipa Also it's INCREDIBLY easy to ride. If I don't keep it, I'll be picking up a true 250GP bike back in the states (Yamaha TZ or Honda RS) and at 90hp, 210lbs you do the math!

It's actually fun getting laughed at when people see my bike, and then we go to the track, they quit laughing to say the least.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
alaska cajun said:
I just ask that we don't get the cajuns confussed here on SBN.

I for one,am embaresed for the other.

And if you take that atitude with you to Iraq.one of them ******** is gonna hand you your head.
:slaugh :lol , right, he makes all us southerners look bad.......... :alky

21 - 40 of 41 Posts