Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my first bike ever and only took me 2 days before i lost it.Thought i could handle it (because i ride dirt bikes)and im pretty good on a track. but you new riders have to understand these things are nothing like Dirtbikes. I walked away from my crash (i was very lucky) but next time maybe i will not be. Lets just say i have a new respect for these things.. Oh ya and this crash cost me about 2900 buks and i had Full coverage Insurance. Miss time from work, Taxes on a new bike (again) new helment,new pants etc. you get the point, so if you dont have a nice savings actt. go with something you can afford. Get some handle bar time. best exp you can get (doesnt matter what size cc) Good Luck

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Sucks ass, how did it happen? Sorry to hear about that man.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.Bike can be fixed body parts can not =)

I got another one about 3weeks later (when i could finally sit down)had lots of road rash on my azz i mean both azz cheeks were nothing but meat.but again you learn the hard way. I hit a nasty pot hole in 2nd gear going about 45 jerked the throttle coming out of the pot hole and the bike came over.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
oooh, ouch.. Im sorry that happend. Im glad your ok, but GOOD POST for all the n00bs to read......

·
Registered
56 Posts
Crashing sucks! You're a stand up guy...at least you admit you could have used a bit more experience in the saddle. I'm glad you only hurt your ego. :(

·
Registered
981 Posts
i could tell u looped it by the 1st pic. sorry to hear it man. hopefully u dont have an encounter like that again

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Glad you are here to tell us about your accident fastchoke. Hopefully your experience will keep a noobie from making a bad choice.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya

thats the only reason i posted these pics.dont want any other new riders thinking it cant happen to them.if i would have went with something smaller less throttle this would have never happen.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Wow. I just posted in the "new bike" thread tonight that this guy made. The bike is already trashed.

Riding an SS bike as a first bike is not teaching you to ride. If you don't crash, you've only learned how to SURVIVE. Learning on a proper learner bike takes your chances of things like this WAY down.

·
Registered
765 Posts
lol...he also said he's got a new bike.Atleast I think thats what he meant.

I got another one about 3weeks later (when i could finally sit down)had lots of road rash on my azz i mean both azz cheeks were nothing but meat.but again you learn the hard way. I hit a nasty pot hole in 2nd gear going about 45 jerked the throttle coming out of the pot hole and the bike came over.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts