Sport Bikes banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are hundreds of bikes in this town and not one poster in here??

I would love to get a bike night going in this area, wed or thurs nights at whatever spot will have us, someone chime in :dunno

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I'm still a pretty green rider but I think I'd be down with a group ride or two.
Not sure where all of the Boise folks are - one might assume they are out riding instead of trolling the forums but this rain kinda ruins that theory.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well Plan on meeting some new riders on thurs may 5th (next week, either at Hawkin Pac out on Hill and Harrison or the Sonic on broadway.

7pm or so mark it down

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm moving to the Boise area this fall (Moutain Home AFB) -- so count me in for the rides once I show up. Will be nice to already know some riders!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I won't make it next week (will be out of state with work) but would like to try again sometime.

SVbmudssa said:
well Plan on meeting some new riders on thurs may 5th (next week, either at Hawkin Pac out on Hill and Harrison or the Sonic on broadway.

7pm or so mark it down

·
Registered
263 Posts
/wave

I have been riding all over ;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I went up Bogus that thus, and A group of four sport bikes went up a little b4 me. The road was OK :rolleyes a little sand here and there in the usual places, but the wind was blowing cold (well not that cold)

Anyway the guys passed me on the way down, (yellow 748, RC51, Red R6, Red R1) Going at a slow moderate pace. I geared back up and started down, feeling a faster because I knew which corners had sand in them.

Near the bottom the four were all pulled over, I stopped to BS. It turns out Mr RC51 had carried a little to much speed into a corner and had hit the concrete barrier. Bike was OK (he stayed on it) but his knee was rashed and looked screwed up and he had a little rash on his arm from the top of the concrete barrier.

someone in a 4runner pulled up and offered him a ride. thats the end of this little story.

So thurs I will be out there again around 5:30 or 6. maybe this week someone will stop by :popcorn

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
120mph (first time)

I got back to Boise yesterday afternoon (after a week in NY and NJ) - and celebrated with a short ride (45 min or so). Went out to the state prison and back as well as on a few roads out that way. Spotted a few bikes out and about and then decided to use a nice stretch of open, empty road to test my speedo - I hit 120mph and then figured that's fast enough for now. With all of this rain, its gonna have to be.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i'm moving to MT home AFB the 27th of june.. leaving vegas is gonna suck..anyone know if theres any stuntin crews i can roll around with up there??i like riding and everythin but takin corners with my 905 cage isn't that fun..lol..be on look out for a red 02 F4i..in about a week or so

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
skater_107 said:
i'm moving to MT home AFB the 27th of june.. leaving vegas is gonna suck..anyone know if theres any stuntin crews i can roll around with up there??i like riding and everythin but takin corners with my 905 cage isn't that fun..lol..be on look out for a red 02 F4i..in about a week or so

I'm always on the lookout for a red 02 F4i - cause it means someone stole my bike and needs a beating.

I don't know of any stunting crews around here but I have no doubt they exist. I did see two stunt bikes (stunt tanks, crash cages, fur, etc) parked at Home Depot a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
197 Posts
when and where? spent the day on the lake watching bikes come down from Idaho City, couldnt stop thinking of all the great turns before there and Lowman

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Went up to Idaho City yesterday with a green friend. I'm pretty sure those turns would have to be taken at 90mph to require any lean - problem with that is the 10 cops we saw just on the way up. Even had one cop flash his lights at us as a quick reminder - we were only doing between 60 and 65 in a 55 but it certainly could have gone worse.

I have GOT to hit Lowman soon. Didn't wanna take a greeny up there, however.

·
Registered
197 Posts
the ride up can be an excersize in patience this coming to you from someone who has already received a ticket up there this year 64 in a 50 weak! But everything above Idaho city makes it worth while

1 - 16 of 16 Posts