Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have my last final today 11:00 - 1:00. I have been up all night (morning?), and can't decide what to do. Should I take a "power nap" to refresh the mind for my test, or should I just stay up and review a little more?

what would you do? what have your experiences been?

·
What's a Gixxah?
1,129 Posts
Hah that's funny I'm on an all nighter tonight also.

But DO NOT...SERIOUSLY DO NOT TAKE A POWER NAP.
Do something to keep yourself awake or study more.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah... thats what I was thinking.. I'm also afraid of sleeping through my final... lol

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
damn man i went through a stage where i used to pull the all-nighter thing. it never worked as well as planned. it would always get to the point for me that i just couldn't ever "connect" anything in my head, even if I went over and somewhat knew the material.

i would always be so amped up on caffeine or whatever and i'd get that sinking panicky feeling when i realized that i couldn't recall anything i had studied because my mind was so damn fried.

toward the end of my coursework i got to where i studied as much as possible, and got good rest the night before, regardless if i was done studying or not. it worked so much better. best of luck man.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I've never pulled an all nighter (while studying for a test) in my life. There's a point where it's more beneficial to sleep than study.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
damn man i went through a stage where i used to pull the all-nighter thing. it never worked as well as planned. it would always get to the point for me that i just couldn't ever "connect" anything in my head, even if I went over and somewhat knew the material.

i would always be so amped up on caffeine or whatever and i'd get that sinking panicky feeling when i realized that i couldn't recall anything i had studied because my mind was so damn fried.

toward the end of my coursework i got to where i studied as much as possible, and got good rest the night before, regardless if i was done studying or not. it worked so much better. best of luck man.
I've never pulled an all nighter (while studying for a test) in my life. There's a point where it's more beneficial to sleep than study.
I definitely understand what you guys are talking about, and I'll admit that I do think a little slower under these conditions. However, thinking slowly is MUCH better than just flat out not knowing (not thinking at all). I just had a ton of material to cover, and I was cut short on time from being sick. I do my best to avoid all nighters, but this one just had to happen. I think it paid off this time

Now... do I go to sleep for a few hours now, or stay up until tonight when I can sleep through the night?

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
I used to do all nighters and really care about grades and crap too. I then found this incredible medicine that changed my life for better. Try it yourself - you won't regret it.

·
Registered
484 Posts
If you learned the material when you're tired, take the test when you're tired
vice versa is also true. know your brain

good think you're not drunk or high......

·
Just chillin'
209 Posts
+1
I become a complete dyslexic when I don't get at least an hour or two of sleep.
I failed a math test because I kept seeing the wrong numbers.:bitchslap

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
^^^ that was my facebook profile pic for about an year :twofinger :D

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
I don't know where I'd be without Fucitol. Healthy dose of that'll get me through my marketing final tomorrow... as it's now 8 p.m. the night before and here I am.

FWIW, it comes down to knowing yourself, but I always do much better with an hour or two of sleep. Never have I actually pulled an honest-to-God all-nighter.

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
9:47pm ... started studying for my midterm tomorrow about an hour ago. I intend to continue my studying till 00:00am and then enjoy 8-9 hours of sleep :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
I had a friend who could never concentrate at home because of his roomates. He got home like at 5 and he would sleep till like 1:00 in the morning, then he would wake up, do his homework all night and not sleep at all untill the next day at 5:00 again. Not sure how healthy that is, he was technically getting 8 hrs of sleep, and it seemed to work fine.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't know how people do/did all nighters. I would study as much as I can before I got sleepy and then I would tell my friends to keep it quiet while I sleep or kick 'em out of my apt so I can go to bed. I figured if I didn't now the material by now, an all nighter really isn't going to help much. I found I retained the information much better when I sleep compared to my friends who were still up all night.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts