Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Gap runner
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been hell the last few weeks! Moving was the big chore of course, then a couple days putting up fencing, then cleaning our old house, then a couple days prepping the new garage for epoxy floor coating, then everything else...........

BTW........... No AC in the house and it's been 105 for about 10 straight days........ Finaly broke down and got a couple window units which helped save my marraige and the new system gets installed this weekend!

Prepping the new track bike in my spare time (With spare funds, which seem non existant!)

Discovering that living in a rural area kinda sucks! No broadband access, no cable provider, etc.... etc........ Got my new laptop and picked up a Sprint broadband card and we have coverage again! Now I will go get a compatible router and be totaly back in bizness!

Got out Sunday for the first time to ride for fun and did a couple hundred miles on the Aprilia 2 up with the wife and my son on the 600RR! Some GREAT roads around here! Getting out to the Kat Ralley was a VERY welcome break in the moving process and met some nice people out there at Deals Gap.

I'll let the wife deal with inside the house, but my domain is complete again and all the toys have their spot picked out!

The room on the left is the "race room" with my air compressors, tire changer, and tire rack plus misc bike parts storage and camping gear.....

The room on the right has my work bench and tools.......

Good to be back! Look forward to meeting some of you!

·
Gap runner
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The key is to make sure the floor is clean as hell! I used the etching solution the day before which cleans and preps the surface for paint. Use the etching as recommended and don't let it dry on the floor though of you will play hell getting it all up and cleaned off the floor. Applying the epoxy is easy, but once again, do it in sections so you can sprinkle the chips or whatever in. I also threw some playground sand in for added traction and it worked great for that!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
let me know. ill be tehre. and ill bring the stands too hahahahah.

if u dont need em b4 u move into ur house i could keep em at mine. i think mike is going to need a new rear really soon and we can use those to do it. if u dont mind.

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
toyotafj40s said:
let me know. ill be tehre. and ill bring the stands too hahahahah.

if u dont need em b4 u move into ur house i could keep em at mine. i think mike is going to need a new rear really soon and we can use those to do it. if u dont mind.

As long as they are taken care of and kept inside while you ain't workin on bikes I don't care.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
meanstrk said:
For those that care, I do change tires for others at minimal cost and I have stands if you just show up!

u can maul my rims.. i care less how much u charge for doing tires? it's 20 a piece at cycle gear if u bring in the rim etc. but then there is tire disposal fee etc so it comes out to like 30 a rim.

·
Gap runner
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I usually charge $15 per if you bring the wheels OR even if you use my stands and pull them at my place. It's $20 per if I pull them. That is for balancing also of course! I usually have a few front take offs sitting around as well that I let go for about $35 mounted too. Sides are usually pretty trashed, but the centers have thousands of miles left!

I am usually pretty good about no marks on the wheels, but occasionally shit happens and I assume no liability if one gets scratched. If you can deal with that, then drop me a line!

Only reason I do them is to assist paying for my own tires and track days! That and the fact that in Jacksonville, you could not get one mounted for less that $35 if you brought the wheel, so I was saving my buds some $$ in the process too.

·
Gap runner
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rears are usually pretty used up when I pull them! Only thing I have for rears right now are 150's for the SV and Katana and a Strada that is reserved for the Aprilia.

Let me know when you want to change em out!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.