Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why is the kawa zx7r so unique than the other 750s? the reason im asking this is because i noticed that the only 750 that are being manufactured is the suzuki and that seems like its being forgotten because of the 600s and 1000s. i love to see the kawa 7 it just looks great. so im just wondering on the handling of the bike.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Handling, hands down the best IMO. I had a katana, gsxr600, zx11, and now the zx7, and by far the best handling, not the fastest out there, but it holds it own.

·
Registered
220 Posts
everyone stopped building 750's because 750 have been ruled out in favor of liter bikes in racing. now that liter bikes are allowed the factories don't want to produce the 750's. except for Suzuki who claim they will not give up on the 750cc gsxr..they take a lot of pride in the bike that made them famous. IMO the GSXR 750 is the best 750 bike period. though i think my 7R is way more beautiful.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I absolutely love the way the 7s handle...the front end is VERY heavy so its hard to stunt on but a great ride on the street or track

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
My 7 eats em up in the corners true she is heavy and not good for stunting but no big deal. Once you get rid of the door stop rear shock...she is a dream!

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Well I would have to agree with all the above. I owned a CBR900RR and a 96 ZX7r kept up with me on the turns and speed.
So IMO, I feel the ZX7 is a true "out of the box" racer.
Why else would Kawasaki not make any changes from 96-03? I have a 97 and the ya really couldnt tell the diff from mine to an 02...had we painted them the same.
Im happy with my 7r...Im a noob and just bought it, but I dont feel so scared as I used to on my CBR.

·
Registered
19 Posts
IMO...If you want responsiveness from a 750...KAWA IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO! BTW, changing the exhaust on my bike alone kept me up w/ the G bikes!!! Also, I look a weight as a helper; while everyone worries about skidding and front end bouncing, I'm flyin' by!

·
ninja shadow warrior
242 Posts
regarding the zx-7r

from Performance Bikes set-up manual..the zx-7r has good basic suspension components. it has a slightly choppy ride due to it's firm springs, but that gives it it's fantastic sense of feedback. the forks do kick off small bumps and ripples because of too much low-speed compression. rear spring can be revalved and resprung quite cheaply, if you desire or need..or as always..go to your wallet.the zx-7r is eay to get on with and flatters most riders..it is pyshically strong and very reliable.it's a bit down on power to the gsx-r and it's heavier.Buti it can go faster as fast as an untweaked gixxer.its very stable, it feels planted especially in the front. it has a strong, well-developed engine with no quirks or flatspots.
specs recommended:
rear shock ----- front forks
static sag 5mm ------- static sag 45-50mm
preload 18-23mm of thread ----- compression 4 clicks out
compression 12 clicks out----- rebound 4 clicks out
rebound position 3 or 4 ----- fork height 5mm above top yoke
ride height =10 mm from fully off ----- tyre pressure 28psi track, 36 road
tyre pressure 31psi track, 42 psi road ----- preload 6 rings

noe, ymmv..hehe!

·
Registered
19 Posts
DCSoul said:
IMO...If you want responsiveness from a 750...KAWA IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO! BTW, changing the exhaust on my bike alone kept me up w/ the G bikes!!! Also, I look a weight as a helper; while everyone worries about skidding and front end bouncing, I'm flyin' by!
It's a 95. Of course, I'm jetted like everyone else but I keep everything well tuned. If you're ever in DC ask about the guy w/ the purple bike...They'll tell you for sure! (braggin')

But seriously, I ride mainly w/ the R1's, ZX-10's, and GSXR1's. I guess I'm keeping up because I'm carbbed. But we race on a regular...plus I weigh very little...lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
i love my zx7r...i had a fzr750 prior and the handling didnt compare at all ! Like everyone else said its slightly heavier but I think thats what makes it so much more stable. Terms of speed...I raced a new cbr 600rr twice and beat him both times...I have a few mods, sproket, muzzy header & pipe, coils, dyna 2000 ignition, and k&N. I've even kept up with a few 1000's ... kept up meaning 4 or 5 car lenghts behind, but not loosing any more ground. obviously ppl are gonna argue rider in these situations, but in any case it certian instances your not gonna see much of a difference speed wise.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts