Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone's favorite alcoholic beverage?
I'll start this party with Frozen Lime Margarita.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're just going to start with the most boring girly drink on Earth?
So, I bet you you would make fun of me if told you I like cosmopolitans, or appletinis too?

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Used to be wine, or bourbon & ginger ale. But now it's beer... for example my current favorite:

And of course

Or maybe... (just to list a few)

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
It's clear and is in a mason jar. I have a friend with a still. Sometimes he throws a peach half in the bottom of the jar for flavor.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
It's clear and is in a mason jar. I have a friend with a still. Sometimes he throws a peach half in the bottom of the jar for flavor.
Apple pie moonshine was always a hit when I went to school in Virginia.

I don't drink much, but when I do, it's usually a cider. If liquor, which is even more rare for me, it's a whiskey sour.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Beer. I could go on for days.

If you mean hard liquor-based drinks... Bourbon Manhattans.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Too many to pick a favorite. I had a co-worker bring me back some rum from Jamaica one year, that stuff was stupid tasty. Wish I'd kept the bottle or written down what it was called. Beer most days, I'm more of an ale person than anything, but I'm really starting to get into IPAs. Gentleman Jack on the rocks is a good sipper on a cold evening. Vodka gets me far too drunk and tequila has been pretty much banished from my life since my 21st birthday.

·
Registered
380 Posts

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Beer: Full Moon
Bourbon: Makers Mark
Tequila: Jose Quervo Black Medallion
Rum: Captain Morgan Spiced 100
Liqueur: Envy
Vodka: Smirnoff Black Cherry

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I love beer (particularly stouts and IIPAs) but I also love me a good margarita. Rocks, NOT frozen.

1:2:3 ratio.

1 part fresh (mexican / key) lime juice (not the typical larger, darker green persian limes)
2 parts triple sec (or some mix with cointreau, grand marnier, etc)
3 parts of a "better" tequila (I don't use "cuervo gold"...I'll use a better grade and I've been known to use blancos, reposados and añejos depending on my mood...but I tend to prefer blanco & repo)

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Scotch. Since having my first room temp single malt, it's been scotch.

Glenlivet 21 is good, surprisingly I enjoy the 15 better. Had Glenfiddich 30 once. it was very good. But at 300 bucks a bottle, also very expensive.
if I want something with a bite I'll go with blended stuff. Chivas is alright in that case.

for beer, I don't really discriminate brands. I like a darker beer. never been much for the lighter stuff, has a harsher aftertaste to me.

I've always liked Flor de Cana rum. the 7 over the 12.
and, as a staunch CFL supporter, I love me some Gibsons.

Reactions: Teej

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I like scotch as well...though I prefer the less-smoky ones (highland, speyside....say...Macallan 15 FO) to the smokebomb islays (Laphroaig).

I'll drink the latter...but it's not a favorite.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Belvedere never caught on for me. I know true vodka lovers love it. Then again, they like ketel one also.

I see some monte cristos peeking their heads in this thread...I just came up on some dutyfree imports of real romeo Julietas and coronas.

I keep telling myself to learn more about burbouns, scotch blends and whiskeys but I rarely drink as it is and myfitnesspal is telling me I need to kick it up a notch and booze makes me eat too much.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
I love beer but it has way too many calories!

My beverages of choice are either Brandy with coke or whiskey with soda. I'm not a fan of mixing Spanish Brandy de Jerez with coke, it makes for a very sweet mix, I rather have it straight. Regular grape brandy with coke is good.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
May the Greeks, Armenians, and Lebanese forgive me but ouzo and arak have nothing on Turkish raki (every brand I've tried).

·
Registered
269 Posts
Too many to pick a favorite. I had a co-worker bring me back some rum from Jamaica one year, that stuff was stupid tasty. Wish I'd kept the bottle or written down what it was called.
It was almost certainly Appleton Estate. That stuff starts to get really good with V/X (a blend of rums aged between 5 and 10 years). They typically go all the way up to a 30 year. They even have a 50 year limited edition right now. The best balance between taste and cost IMO is the Reserve. Like the V/X, it's a blend, but the rums in the Reserve have been aged for 8-12 years. It's not much more expensive than the V/X, but it's a much richer flavor.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts