Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Al Leiter - Could he be our Savior ???? For us Yankee fans, I hope we can catch a little lightning in a bottle with Al leiter. We will find out in about a hour.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Not sure if he can carry all the way and through October. He tires too quick and gives up too many walks to be considered viable. If I were Brian Cashman I'd be looking at Jason Schmidt or Jeremy Bonderman. Somebody young, good, doesn't cost too much, and get go the distance. Leiter isn't reliable, long term. IMO, another K. Brown.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
Off topic, but he pitched against me in highschool. Let's just say I got a foul ball off him and considered myself lucky.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mikem317 said:
Not sure if he can carry all the way and through October. He tires too quick and gives up too many walks to be considered viable. If I were Brian Cashman I'd be looking at Jason Schmidt or Jeremy Bonderman. Somebody young, good, doesn't cost too much, and get go the distance. Leiter isn't reliable, long term. IMO, another K. Brown.
Some good points about Leiter, he can get tired but really has to get us only through six. As for the other guys you mentioned, all good player's but we would have to give up Canoe and Wang to get any of those guys. I'm not for giving up Canoe and if Wang's arm is ok I would have a tough time coughing him up too.
Last nights game was great, you guys kinda got hosed on that double play in the bottom of the 9th. All and all it should be good drama for the rest of the season.:pisson

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
busarider54 said:
Off topic, but he pitched against me in highschool. Let's just say I got a foul ball off him and considered myself lucky.
Should have laid down a bunt :popcorn

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
mj31 said:
Some good points about Leiter, he can get tired but really has to get us only through six. As for the other guys you mentioned, all good player's but we would have to give up Canoe and Wang to get any of those guys. I'm not for giving up Canoe and if Wang's arm is ok I would have a tough time coughing him up too.
Wang is def. the best, good surprise for the Yanks. Too bad he got that inflamed shoulder. The Boston press does a good job of keeping tabs with the Empire; but does he have a torn rotator cuff or something?

Last nights game was great, you guys kinda got hosed on that double play in the bottom of the 9th. All and all it should be good drama for the rest of the season.:pisson
Yeah, I think that was the Alex Cora infield hit, or rather out. Looked like he was safe. Same thing happened to Giambi earlier in the game too. Strike zone was morphing throughout the game too.

It's def. going to be drama. Sox have 40 home games left and New York has only 33 games left in the Stadium. That might make a difference for the Division, however I never count out Steinbrenner and New York until they're actually eliminated.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mikem317 said:
Wang is def. the best, good surprise for the Yanks. Too bad he got that inflamed shoulder. The Boston press does a good job of keeping tabs with the Empire; but does he have a torn rotator cuff or something?

Yeah, I think that was the Alex Cora infield hit, or rather out. Looked like he was safe. Same thing happened to Giambi earlier in the game too. Strike zone was morphing throughout the game too.

It's def. going to be drama. Sox have 40 home games left and New York has only 33 games left in the Stadium. That might make a difference for the Division, however I never count out Steinbrenner and New York until they're actually eliminated.
Your right that's what my friends and I said last night- Giambi got robbed and it was most likely a make up call. The Strike Zone has gone to shit ever since they started using QuesTec. The Umps are real nervous that big brother is watching them, this new system can cost a Umpire a job now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts