Sport Bikes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little confused, I just read that Akrapovic Exhaust System Technology is basically the same company as Scorpion. It could have been a mis-spelling though as maybe they were referring to the name Skorpion, that was used by Akraprovic during the 90's for marketing....

Then I come across a website that says, "Akrapovic Exhaust System Technology, formerly known as Scorpion, has made its mark in the current motorcycle roadracing world at the highest level. Igor Akrapovic, Owner/Chief Design Engineer, chooses only the best, integrating top notch Titanium or carbon fiber technology into each product."

Ok.... well to my knowledge Scorpion exhaust systems was it's own company and still exists.

I thought Scorpion-exhausts and Skorpion exhausts were 2 different companys, one still around, the other just a name used by Akraprovic back in the day....

Anyone know?

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
du ma U said:
Trying to get your post count up eh? Great.... :phatyo

*cough* ------ Did you at least read it twice, sound it out... i'm right here for you.

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
du ma U said:
oh...he should find it out on his own.He's not a kid anymore ya know!!!!
Did you really just come on to these forums so you could make stupid comments and show your ass to everyone?

If you aren't offering helpful information, then do yourself a favor and don't find the need to comment with things like, "Huh" and "he should find it out on his own.He's not a kid anymore ya know!!!!".

K?Thanx.Bye!

Portrait of "du ma U":

So does anyone else know anything about these companies?

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
they use to be the same company back in the late 90's but something happened I don't remember what and some of the owners split or something like that and then there were two-akrapovic and scorpion.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Used to be the same company.............The technology was identicle for most of the products. I think that the Scorpian brand was primarily marketed at the UK.

Dont know the deal anymore.............I dont really sell alot of their systems........theyve priced themselves out of the streetbike market.

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hybrid said:
Used to be the same company.............The technology was identicle for most of the products. I think that the Scorpian brand was primarily marketed at the UK.

Dont know the deal anymore.............I dont really sell alot of their systems........theyve priced themselves out of the streetbike market.
You mean they are too expensive? What do you think of them performance wise?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a little confused, I just read that Akrapovic Exhaust System Technology is basically the same company as Scorpion. It could have been a mis-spelling though as maybe they were referring to the name Skorpion, that was used by Akraprovic during the 90's for marketing....

Then I come across a website that says, "Akrapovic Exhaust System Technology, formerly known as Scorpion, has made its mark in the current motorcycle roadracing world at the highest level. Igor Akrapovic, Owner/Chief Design Engineer, chooses only the best, integrating top notch Titanium or carbon fiber technology into each product."

Ok.... well to my knowledge Scorpion exhaust systems was it's own company and still exists.

I thought Scorpion-exhausts and Skorpion exhausts were 2 different companys, one still around, the other just a name used by Akraprovic back in the day....

Anyone know?
Hello all,
Just joined this portal to reply this post.
Word “scorpion” in my language, Persian, is pronounced as “aghrab” (in Persian letters: عقرب)
To me the pronunciation of Akrapovič is close to Aghrab. Might be a vaguely similar word between Persian and Slovenian languages; as my raw guess.
Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts