Sport Bikes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
www.getrenegade.com
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to modify the tail of my F3 b/c I hate how the 95/96's look. Found a good deal on a used Airtech and was looking at the Sharkskinz solo tails that utilize the 97/98 taillights. Anyone installed these? Hard mods or no?

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
I have a shark skinz superbike tail on my F4 and its aight but mine doesnt use a seat just a little pad, gets uncomfy after about 4 hours

·
www.getrenegade.com
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Power2weight said:
If you ever do it and wanna sell that seat PM me.
I'm doing something this winter regardless, either a solo tail or at least a 97/98 rear upgrade and repainting the entire bike. The seat is a 2nd look (i think that's what it's called) and is in perfect shape. I'll definitely be selling it so I'll keep you in mind. Where in MD are you?

·
Registered
250 Posts
ed1le said:
I'm doing something this winter regardless, either a solo tail or at least a 97/98 rear upgrade and repainting the entire bike. The seat is a 2nd look (i think that's what it's called) and is in perfect shape. I'll definitely be selling it so I'll keep you in mind. Where in MD are you?
Bethesda, mine has a couple of rips, but nothing I need anytime soon, hit me up though.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
ed1le said:
Solo Tail = Slide over seat tail
Super Sport / Superbike Tail = Replaces entire section including seat

Some info bro.......Find out from the seller whether the tail uses the stock seat or not before you sell your stock seat.

:cheers

·
www.getrenegade.com
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm looking at the Solo which uses the stock seat but I'm going to buy a stock black seat b/c I'm changing the paint/color scheme of the bike so my seat won't match anyway. Thanks for the heads up though! :cheers

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
F3 Stock seat wont fit on a solo tail will it????

Bannana =2 Solo =1
you may have to get a RR subframe and seat power1 I have a F4 banana seat ill sell ya

·
www.getrenegade.com
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, it fits over the back half of the banana seat giving you the solo rear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts