Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Greyline kit from airtech for my cbr f4 which comes with the supersport tail section, the solid one that takes a seat pad.

I ordered the kit which I assume is everything, but there is also a seat bracket listed on their site that says it is used with the tail to support the riders weight.

my question is, do I need this? has anyone purchased a kit from them and did it need a bracket or did it come with it? I called once so far and they said its a tail light bracket, which is not what the site says.

any advice is appreciated,
jeff

·
Registered
21 Posts
Try and call again. Hopefully you will get another rep and will get a decent answer. I've dealt with these people and they seem to be pretty good at what they do.

A worst case scenario is that you have to order a part you did not expect to. Ask Air Tech if they are sure everything you need is in the tail section kit.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called twice so far and was once told that it was a tail light bracket and then told the kit should have everything, but on the site the kit does not list the bracket as included when it lists everything.

I really want to find an email address so that I can email them and maybe they will take a little more time to look into it, but its not listed on the site

if anyone knows what their email is I'd appreciate it

·
I Make Girls Cry
85 Posts
I don't know if this will help you or not, but I ordered a tail piece for my gixxer (02 1k) from airtech and its the one that you use the stock seat with, but literally all that came with it is the plastic... you need to drill all the holes (they are presunk) and cut the spot for the tail light out... once you cut it you then need to silicone the light to the plastics- no bracket came with mine.. but it isnt nessacary either... siliconing the light in was there suggestion and has worked perfectly for 3k+ miles

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
yeah.. the issue is that this is the seat that doesn't use the stock seat. Also, this is gonna be a track bike, so I'm dont need to mess with cutting holes for the lights and I know about the rest of the drilling

I ordered the kit including the supersport tail ... which is why I think I need the to get the bracket seperately since the kit doesnt list it ... but if the full kit doesnt come with it, then thats pretty stupid, especially since they didnt even try to sell it to me when I called. it takes 10-15 days for them to make it, so I dont want to be held up even longer cause I have to order the bracket, and then also have to pay shipping again.

Thanks for the advice,
Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts