Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the hot weather here in Okinawa I am thinking of buying an Air Tech Mesh jacket. I here they are quite comfortable for riding in hot/humid weather. Can't afford leathers and these jackets are not too pricy. How much protection can a jacket like this provide? I know it has pockets to insert armor in the back, elbows, etc. Should I buy one or go with something else? If something else please give me a suggestion.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
It gets 120 here in Vegas and if you think I’m going to wear my leather jacket with armor and no air flow your crazy. So when the triple digits arrive I wear my mesh jacket.

I think it’s pretty similar to what your talking about. I’m sure it doesn’t have near the protection as my leather racing jacket but the important thing is you will actually wear the mesh in the summer in which case it’s it provides infinite more protection the a jacket sitting at home.

I actually think it cooler with my mesh jacket then just a t-shirt. It provide shade and plenty of air flow and is only slightly hotter at the lights but at least my skin isn’t getting burned by the sun sitting there.

Bottom line, I recommend one for the summer but in if your draggin knees might want to wear the leather one that day.

·
Registered
73 Posts
A mesh jacket doesn't protect the way leather does, but it's better than nothing on those hot days. I got a BoneChiller from SpeedRag.com and I love that thing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I wear a Joe Rocket mesh jacket when it gets real hot, wore it yesterday 92 out 90% humidity is nice and cool when moving you sweat a little when stopped but once you start moving again it is like having AC.

·
My other ride is your mom
90 Posts
homey_the_clown said:
A mesh jacket doesn't protect the way leather does, but it's better than nothing on those hot days. I got a BoneChiller from SpeedRag.com and I love that thing.

I got the same jacket, and I'm loving it. I don't think it'll be the greatest in an accident, but it's definitely still better than a t-shirt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts