Sport Bikes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it better to get OEM or a K&N? I dont know where to even get the OEM one from, I just got this bike. I know K&N's are supposed to be good, but are they worth the extra money? I'd appreciate everyone's help.

·
Squidly McSquidster
559 Posts
in hondas they actually lose power w/k&N

·
Banned
2,093 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've heard the same thing about losing HP w/ a K&N and thats because they show the numbers on a Dyno. Of course the air isnt flowing into the air filter like it would be if you were going 80 mph on the bike down the freeway so the real numbers dont actually show up.

So I guess my last question is, what does it run for a Air Filter OEM for the 03 F4i?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1quick1 said:
You can get K&N filters for under 50 on ebay. I don't know how much they help (if any) but if you're going to replace it you might as well.
can I see a picture of the back of your bike? I am looking to get rid of my ugly hanging piece there. It doesnt look like you have it.

Thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
Check into a BMC street filter for your F4i. They are reuseable and they offer decent HP gains, not like the apparent drop in K&N, and they are around the same price. I put one in my 929 a little while back and it cleaned up the popping in my exaust when engine breaking (unburnt fuel in mixture)
They are a quality filter.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts