Sport Bikes banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Engineering Pathologist
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banana
Finally got out today! She sputtered a bit, and it took a couple of tries, but I got out after work today. It was 50, and I got to try the heated grips I just put on. Got too warm so I had to turn them off.

I feel much better. Viva la spring!:bowdown :banana

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I drove mine to work twice last week. Driving tomorrow and ALL next week looks great thus far! w00t!

It's time!!!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Max Wedge said:
:banana
Finally got out today! She sputtered a bit, and it took a couple of tries, but I got out after work today. It was 50, and I got to try the heated grips I just put on. Got too warm so I had to turn them off.

I feel much better. Viva la spring!:bowdown :banana

Ha ha - that's great! I went out for the first time today too in Edmonton Canada where it was also 50F (10C) I new that because of the temp guage on my new FZ6!!. New to me anyway. Its an '05 but with only 1,300 kms! My other bike, which was my first, was an '03 Suz GS500 - great bike BTW but no comparison to the powa of the FZ6! I actually LIKE the FZ's seat. Much better than the GS's. After it warmed up it got nice and relatively soft in comparison...blah blah..
Yeah - My first ride too - Riding season is here!! sorta

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
heated grips, and its 50 out??. Pussy. Up here in Canada, thats tannin' weather!

Congrats you lucky bugger. Gonna be at least another week or two before I can get my princess out of the shed.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'll have to agree with Rugby on that lol. Glad to hear your enjoying the bike i'm falling in love with mine all over again. Been 40-50 here and finally drying out the mile gravel driveway so I've been able to put 50miles on so far. Supposed to be above 50 on saturday so i'm hoping to put a couple hundred miles on.

·
Engineering Pathologist
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RugbyCanada said:
heated grips, and its 50 out??. Pussy. Up here in Canada, thats tannin' weather!

Congrats you lucky bugger. Gonna be at least another week or two before I can get my princess out of the shed.
I didn't need them, I just got my first chance to try them. Gotta try them farkles before you need 'em ya know. Hate to be riding in 30 degrees and find out the fuse isn't big enough or something.

...and it's great to be down south here in Michigan :twofinger

·
The Angry Blue Mantis!
1,849 Posts
Nice. It's going to hit 77 degrees here in Virginia today. I got 50 miles on the bike yesterday though and it was sunny and 70. I love spring!

·
Registered
492 Posts
RugbyCanada said:

In Toronto, and you can't go out for another 2 weeks? I'm in Sudbury and I was out last night (for the first time this season) and rode about 40kms. The main roads are even clear of sand and salt...

Man, it felt GREAT!!!!

·
Banned
2,576 Posts
He's a city slicker :neener , I've been riding for the last couple weeks, barring a few bad spells where it got cold and ugly. Yesterday it rained like a sumbitch all day, stopped for the ride home....Mother Nature likes when you compliment her. To think it was only a week or so ago and I rode in at -15C

·
Bike/Bass Master
779 Posts
:neener I hate to do this but...YEAR ROUND BABY !!! :twofinger

Except the occasional Hurricane

·
R6S Crash Cushion
1,392 Posts
...I took delivery of my R6S on Monday at lunch and I'm now showing 190 miles on the clock and it rained Tuesday and Wednesday...and a chance of reaching 90 before Monday...upper 70s today...

·
Registered
39 Posts
:D Here in Cali, the sun shines, and i ride to work almost every day. Got my FZ6 back in December and already I put 5030ish mi on in. And Summer is just aronud the bend. :)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Donnie869 said:
:neener I hate to do this but...YEAR ROUND BABY !!! :twofinger

Except the occasional Hurricane
And... flat as a board :twofinger and no twisties! :neener

:lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts