Sport Bikes banner

Ahhh Can't take off seat HELP!!!

880 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  2002hondacbrf4i 
#1 ·
Well, i was taking off the rear cowl, and whole back seat, to try and install my fender eliminator. Except, some things came up, and i had to put everything back. I must have rushed, and now i can't open my rear seat. I'm sure i know why its not catching, cuz it was moved, but how can i take off the rear cowl without taking off the rear seat? Or is there any way? Maybei hsould just shave off the rear of the license to get into it, since i have to any way for the eliminator?
HELP!
Thanks again.

#3 ·
If you are puting an eliminator on anyway I would just cut it out. I am not fermilar with that bikes mechanism. See if you can possibly remove the tail plastic without removing the seat. that would allow you to get into it too.

#5 ·
If the key lock operates a cable that operates the seat release, you can possibly trace the cable and find a place to get a hold of it. Give it a good yank and the seat release should operate. If the whole cable (assuming there is one) is shrouded within the rear fender, I haven't a clue what to do.

#6 ·
Yeah man. Take the rider seat off with the 2 bolts. Then get a good flashlight, and shine it up in there. You need to get something that you can use to push, pull or tug on the cable. Get someone else to help you and tell them when to pull up on the seat. Shouldn'tbe a problem. Chill out. :)

I did mine up ghetto style. I just took off the lock mechanism and tied a wire around the cable, then tucked the wire under the rider seat. Just tug on the wire to open the seat.

#8 ·
Hey well yesterday, i took of the seat, and was able to get it!

I guess the mechanism, the little cyclinder that has the steel cable on it, wasn't getting pulled tight enough. It had to be clipped in to its position, and then i used a bit of the metal brace to hold it back to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks again for everyones help! :leghump

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.