Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Public schools in Nashville have stopped posting honor rolls because to do so might make underachievers feel bad, reports the Associated Press.

After a couple of parents complained that their children might be ridiculed for not making the list, lawyers for the school district said releasing the honor rolls might violate privacy laws.

In an apparent snowball effect, some schools have since put a stop to academic pep rallies and decided not to hang exemplary work in the hallways for fear of embarrassing even more underachievers. There’s even talk to canceling spelling bees.

----You people that actually paid attention in school and worked hard should just be ashamed of yourselves. It's all your fault that so many people can't read or write properly. Don't you know that by paying attention, you made the teacher actually teach? When that happens, those poor souls too busy sleeping or getting high in the bathroom just fall behind. IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!
The only way to save the children is to stop teaching right away. That way no one risks falling behind. If everyone would just be illiterate, we could all just get along. But NOOOOOO, some of you just had to be all uppity and snobbish with your learing to read and all............

·
Cheshire Cat
1,028 Posts
So they're afraid that the people who actually stupied and paid attention in class are going to ridicule the potsmokers, or that the nerds are going to hurt the football team's feelings?

These people are completely unaware of school politics:

"Umm...yeah... my kid is too stupid to make the honor roll, so you need to not have an honor roll anymore...mmmkay?"

·
Registered
380 Posts
That's so fuckin lame. I never made the honor roll and I didn't give a shit. I was too busy skirt chasin'

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
that is freakin stupid. I was an underachiever in high school hell dropped out my jr year. Now I'm on the deans list in college and damn proud of it. Most of my fucking off was from me and my shitty parents, not being beaten down by the system. Those kids should be recognized not punished and made to feel bad becasue of some asshats who can't get thier shit together.....

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Being politically correct and doing absolutely nothing that could ever, ever be construed as offensive or insulting to anyone had reached critical mass.

·
IM A BAD ASS WITH A STICK
374 Posts
SpeedJunky said:
That's so fuckin lame. I never made the honor roll and I didn't give a shit. I was too busy skirt chasin'

ahaha i made the honor roll once when i was in like 3rd grade who gives a shit the dumb kids know there dumb and most dont care..if they did then they would try harder... :2devil :nutkick

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
I advocate genocide.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
that is so fucking stupid. look you stupid assholes of america that are infringing on me (not you guys here) I did make the honor roll, as a matter of fact I consistenly pulled at least a 3.8 thru my sophomore year. I'm not any brighter than the rest of america, but I worked my ass off. once i hit my sophomore year, my parents moved me from Cali and my grades went from A's to D's and F's b/c I didn't care and I was pissed. So, guess what? I blamed my parents for the move when in actuality, it was my own dumbass fault that i was failing. But i needed someone to blame. I would suggest to the rest of the stupid fockers out there to seriously start paying attention, start learning what needs to be learn and quit fucking off then maybe the parents of the stupid people wouldn't have to worry about their kid not making the honor roll.

gee, let's punish the people that actually work hard and should be rewarded. :mad: :boid

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
silent_R1 said:
gee, let's punish the people that actually work hard and should be rewarded. :mad: :boid
Thats not fair to the folks that are happy sucking the life out of everyone else (see welfare)

we must think of the less fortunate....you know...the ones who figured out that you can get just as far by doing absolutely nothing, because the bleeding hearts are stupid enough to feel sorry for you and give you handouts from someone ELSES pockets

·
Registered
430 Posts
That is such BS... sure let's punish the hard workers.. no not the smart kids... but the kids that work their ass off to get good grades.... the kids that put that extra bit of effort in to be successful. why should the hard workers get punished..... that's just like the stupid kids soccer teams that don't keep score.... what ever happened to rewarding hard work?????

·
Registered
95 Posts
If this were the case, would it not also help the nerds & geeks not feel so bad about themselves by taking out all of the football & baseball trophies???? I mean WTF is this country coming to!! If you work hard, apply yourself & have the right attitude, those "underachievers" woudn't be.......

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
TheSollyLama said:
When that happens, those poor souls too busy sleeping or getting high in the bathroom just fall behind.
Hey that was me!!

But guess what. Barely got out of High School with like a C average. Did my time in the Army, went to college with my wifes help. Married 12 years and still going strong. Nice house and beautiful daughter. Decent job and salary.
I had many teachers telling me I was gonna be a failure and would make nothing out of my life...HAHA
I looked at school as a place to hang out with my friends or somewhere to get away from my home life. Most of my learning was done through my constant reading of every subject I could think of, I was always buried in a book. The internet kind of ruined me in that respect.
But I can look back now and smile knowing I have pretty much done everything I ever wanted to.
There is nothing wrong with being an overachiever but don't think that is the only route through life.
A lot of the kids that were the A students in my high school now live some sorry ass lives. DUI's...divorce....addictions....I just met up with an old friend and he filled me in.

·
Registered
247 Posts
TX35 said:
If this were the case, would it not also help the nerds & geeks not feel so bad about themselves by taking out all of the football & baseball trophies????
+1

Let's get rid of all sports/physical activities AND academics. Just have everyone sit in a big love circle and eat so we can all be equally fat and stupid. All of the world's problems would thus be solved.

·
Speed Racer
1,650 Posts
Wow,,what a great way to further prevent kids from getting out in the real world. Its dog eat dog out there and kids need to get a sick taste of it before they are let loose.

·
Registered
522 Posts
pathetic, this country is getting too PC. they should understand that if you don't make the honor roll and get ridiculed for it, they should have the determination and prove everyone wrong by doing just that, making it to the honor roll. unfortunately, everyone seems to be a lazy bastard that just sits on their ass and complains. very fucking pathetic.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dude, it's the standard reaction of the liberals. When someone doesn't meet a standard, they simply lower the standard. Oblivious to the fact that doing that defeats the purpose of having a standard at all.
No one is pushed to achieve under liberal agendas. They just play a blame game and demand the world change for them. Smoking too much crack between classses and failing? Here's a voucher to change schools. Can't be bothered to work hard and study? We'll quit giving tests. Can't sit still for a class? Here's a pill to drug you into submission.
I blew off school hard. Did an extra year of HS because of it and couldn't dream of any college scholarship (besides, I'm the wrong gender/race/ethnicity to ever qualify). It had NOTHING to do with the kids that did well. It had to do with me not caring about doing well.

besides, public school is about a euphamism for a day prison for kids. It's so PC now that we're not teaching history, we're teaching how to be overly sensitive to everything so much so that we're nearly crippled by the slightest adversity.

·
Capo di tuti Capi
287 Posts
Like I have said before, and I will say it again......We are raising a nation of pussies.

Feelings are taking over for logic and reason nowadays.

Stone

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
OMG thats my hometown.... it wasnt like that when I went to school there... I never made the honor roll after 9th grade...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts