Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealership today to try on helmets because I was just going to buy one online and not pay tax.... I'm cheap, I know.... I tried on the scorpion exo 700 and it was nice, alot nicer than my hjc symax. Guy said he could give me a tinted shield and a hard scorpion case with it for 260. I dont know if I would need a hard case, opinions?

Then he pulls the limited edition rossi agv helmet out. It isn't painted, you can just see the kevlar/carbon fiber in it which is pretty cool. The tag says $630, but he could sell it to me for $500.

What do you guys think? Is a helmet worth $500 or should I just go with a $199 scorpion?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Scorpions the best bang for your buck by far these days. But, if your feeling randy get the AGV. It's just money.....you can't take it with you. Of course I'm broke so it's easy for me to say that.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
I say Scorpion. I'm not into shelling out money just for a name or "bling factor". If I could afford either helmet, I'd rather take the Scorpion and put the rest towards something useful for the bike. Just think of all the mods or pieces you want for your bike... that $250 will certainly get you one of 'em!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
How was the fit on both? If equal, why would you spend the extra dough? If not, is the extra comfort level worth the $250? Answer that and you don't need us.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I have a scorpion exo 700 and I like it a lot. Fits well and is well worth the money. Tried on some AGV helmets and dind't like hte feel and it was just too expensive for me.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I moved from a Shoei RF1000 to a AGV XR2 and I won't ever go back. I simple love my AGV, but I got a dealer price so I only paid around 230 I think. If I had to pay 500 I wouldn't have done it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I luv my AGV.. well worth the $550 in my books.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I would go for the AGV, simply because it's a better made helmet. I like my Shoei, but I would love to have an AGV. If you can afford it, and you value your head, get the AGV.

·
1000cc of testosterone
229 Posts
I bought the Scorpion Exo700 in April and I'm real happy with it -- good price, great fit, DOT and Snell, doesn't lift at high speed, doesn't grab the wind when you look to the side. $200 - 10% discount offered by dealer + $30 for chrome tinted visor.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
crx81 said:
I say Scorpion. I'm not into shelling out money just for a name or "bling factor".
crx81 said:
I RIDE: 2005 FZ6 - Faster Blue: FAZR6's Fender Eliminator ~ Yamaha Lower Cowl ~JSA Customs Clamp ~ Clear Alternatives Turn Signals ~
:lol

:neener

1 - 11 of 11 Posts