Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have grown too old to ride sport bikes anymore. It just hurts my back, arms and wrists. So its time to sell. Whats a fair asking price for a very good condition CBR954RR with under 20k miles?

·
Registered
76 Posts
You should check the NADA pricing guide and see what people are asking on Cycle Trader to get some idea. Not knowing the year and other specifics of your bike, it's hard to suggest a fair price. Looks like people are asking around $4k for comparable bikes on Cycle Trader. Yours may be better than some, worse than others. Some riders will feel that under 20k is still 'high' miles, but anyone familiar with Japanese motorcycles and their reliability will understand that it's no big deal for a cared for bike. Change all the fluids if they are over 2 years old and clean it up nicely and it should sell to the first person that actually comes out to look at it. Cheap to do on your part and less for someone to worry about or talk you down on price. How many comparable bikes are for sale in your area will also play a part in what you will get for the bike.

My biggest things that make me offer less money are maintenance issues that I will have to deal with. Recent bike purchase was a '05 FZ6 and it needed brake fluid flushed, coolant flushed, brake rotors were both at min spec and the front tire was at the wear bars. Seller was asking $2300, I offered $1500 and told him why, we agreed on $1600. I ended up replacing the front wheel bearings since they felt pretty notchy when I pulled the wheel for the new tire. May end up doing the rear when that tire wears out, but time will tell.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts