Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey do they make an aftermarket sprocket? Im looking for more acceleration. Not so worried about top end since it's fast enough for me. Anyone know of any? Also, can you change the high beam headlight to a less brighter bulb so it doesnt look so dumb on high beam? I hate it on low beam cause it looks like you always have one out so I leave it on high beams all the time except at night. But I don't ride much if any at night anyway.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Figure out what size sprockets are on your bike stock. If you want better acceleration and less top speed get a sprocket that is 1 less tooth than stock for the front, and a few more teeth for the rear sprocket. But just the front will make a big difference, and if you are into the whole wheelie thing, it will make wheelies easier for you, if that's your thing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wheelies are fun but it sucks u have to go like 30 mph in first just to pop it up easy. A clutch wheelie is a bit harder so yeah this would be nice. How do I figure out what size sprocket i have? Is it like # of teeth, diameter? Sorry for asking dumb questions, Im new to the whole thing so your help is much appreciated.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
# of teeth, you could either count them, or just look it up somewhere online.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
www.kneedraggers.com probably has some for your bike. They have awesome customer service too!

If they don't have them, ask some of the FZ6 guys, they probably know.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
also look likes stock you've got a 16 tooth front and a 46 tooth rear

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I don't know what size chain is on your bike. I'd say your best bet would be to either give the manufacturers a call or e-mail them, or maybe some of the FZ6 owners will chime in on this thread, because my FZ6 knowledge is a little limited :lol

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
#530 chain

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jared, just to let you know for wheelies, clutching it is the way to go.... in first, go about 10mph, rev up to 11k-13k rpms, and it comes up nicely. The only thing to be aware of here is the FZ6 has a tip sensor, so 12 o'clocks without disabling this will be a problem. You can definitely power this bad boy up in first and second though, I've powered through starting at 7k rpm then going straight up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts