Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you guys have any experience good/bad with any of the aftermarket fairing kits from Hong Kong, that are all over Ebay? You can get a whole kit for $350 bucks and another $225 for shipping. I ordered a kit myself and am already regretting not ordering OEM parts. From what I've read, the parts require a lot of "fitting" and "massaging" to get them to fit decent, but aside from that , the couple reviews I've found seemed to be positive.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Your money is better off buying a set of sharkskinz street fairings and getting a decent paint job on them. HK plastics are ok, but the paint flakes easy and ABS fairings are weak. You're getting exactly what you're paying for.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
I would probably pass on those.

Look at it this way anything you buy from Walmart last about one or two uses and its made in China.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
You will also need to add your own heat/sound shielding. Most OEMs use foam, which in some cases you can reuse.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Nicecycle is just a middleman. I would just order directly from ebay. Auctmarts is a good seller and they will even let you design your own custom paint scheme for a few dollars more. No heat or sound shielding is included and isn't necessarily required on all bikes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
my brother bought some off ebay. i think he ended up paying a little under 450 shipped. i will say that it did take a while on the shipping, about a month. but they are really nice looking fairings and the paint is flawless. plus all the decals are clear coated so no worry of them peeling up down the road. fitting was a breeze all though we did have to enlarge a couple holes just because they were to small but nothing major at all. the sound deadening foam is not that big of a deal, but i'm sure if you wanted you could buy something similar to put on the new fairings for pretty cheap.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my brother bought some off ebay. i think he ended up paying a little under 450 shipped. i will say that it did take a while on the shipping, about a month. but they are really nice looking fairings and the paint is flawless. plus all the decals are clear coated so no worry of them peeling up down the road. fitting was a breeze all though we did have to enlarge a couple holes just because they were to small but nothing major at all. the sound deadening foam is not that big of a deal, but i'm sure if you wanted you could buy something similar to put on the new fairings for pretty cheap.

That's kind of what I was hoping to hear...... I ordered mine from a guy named Timmy6666 or something to that effect from Ebay, as he was the cheapest price ($350) for the same product. The killer is the flipping shipping was $230! Kind of puts a lump in your throat to part with that much for shipping, but it was still about $220 cheaper than this nice cycle outfit, and I'm sure it's the same stuff.....

Anyways, I just got a confirmation e-mail from the seller today that it shipped and should be here in 10-14 days. Will let you all know how the YZF600R kits are, and will post pics when it's done.

Thanks Again guys..... ~2RUDE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kit just showed up today. Took a little over 2 weeks, and although the Yamaha Decals on the tank cover are a bit chintzy, I'm pretty impressed with the paint. The parts are definitely a bit thinner than the OEM parts, but overall look pretty damn good for the price. Hopefully I get the time in the next day or two to start fitting them up. Will let you all know how it goes. Btw, I checked the Nice cycle site, and my kit is identical to one they have listed for $799..... Only difference is mine was $580.00......

·
Registered
1 Posts
After hearing a bunch of horror stories from EBay buyers I went with Fairings Plus.com . They were more expensive but, I compared them to a friends bike who got them from Actmart & the quality difference is obvious. The plastic is thicker, came with heatshielding even the paint looks better. I didn't need to paint my tank because I have a CBR600RR(it has a tank cover) but, they sell matching paint for the tank or for future touch up as well. Got new headlights from them too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
It just depends on which company you get them from. I had really bad luck with a couple of sets out of china. Then I found this company.
Fairings Plus (Powered By OpenCart)
The quality of the product was so different from the other HK fairings I had. It turned out beautifully and was worth the few extra dollars. Sometimes you get what you pay for. Not to mention, they were willing to custom design whatever I wanted and the in house guy helped me out with my design. Sorry for the grainy pic ;-)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts