Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, I can't seem to make out with a search since people rarely touch on whether it's a requirement or not with the aftermarket exhausts to have to get a Power Commander as well and pay for a Dyno. As if the cans aren't expensive enough.

Can anybody lend a helpful word on the downsides of changing the cans and leaving the ECU alone?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Excuse me for my English........well:

After installed Leovince Exsaust without catalyst have again increase of Cv!
From 82,82Cv(Standard ) to 92,63 ;
After Installed Rapid Bike (similar Power commander) I have again another increase of Power ; From 92,63 to 94,42;

Is improved supply and acceleration.

Attachments

·
Registered
858 Posts
Binary Jay said:
Just wondering, I can't seem to make out with a search since people rarely touch on whether it's a requirement or not with the aftermarket exhausts to have to get a Power Commander as well and pay for a Dyno. As if the cans aren't expensive enough.

Can anybody lend a helpful word on the downsides of changing the cans and leaving the ECU alone?
Well the answer you seek is no you do not need to install a Power Commander and it should be no downsides to not installing one, But I am going to put one in over the weekend I think if it shows up in the mail today. My reasoning is that I think the bike will perform more optimal when its tuned in right and you should also get better performance across the board.
Just my .02

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems almost counter productive to put an exhaust on that's going just end up worsening your performance until you add hundreds more to the bike... I think it will be a project for next year, perhaps someone will make an exhaust system that fits my tastes in a better way than those that are currently offered this season.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Binary Jay said:
Seems almost counter productive to put an exhaust on that's going just end up worsening your performance until you add hundreds more to the bike... I think it will be a project for next year, perhaps someone will make an exhaust system that fits my tastes in a better way than those that are currently offered this season.
Oh I am not try to say it will worsen your performance if you don't get a Power Commander just that by adding it it will help it reach its peek perfomance gains from the new exhaust. Plus it just sounds and looks so much better :lol
Kinda like a computer they all run okay, you can add all the hardware to make it better but if you don't fine tune it. It only runs okay and not at its peek. :lao

·
Sigh.......
291 Posts
Or, when you have a buddy who ownes the slower silver one, they (crazymofo) have to spend $$$$ to mod up their ride just to keep up. Sad realy. But his bike does sound better. :nutkick

I know i will regret saying this, and i am sure he wont shut up and he will let this go to his already fat head but; his bike just pulls away from me no matter how hard we push, and it hasnt even been profesional dynoed as of yet. So i am sure it will only get better. Coming from a mostly stock performace bike i dont like falling behind and i see a great deal of money being spent in the near future to improve this gap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts