Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to replace the coils on my 1994...zx6 can anyone tell me where to shop for them besides the dealer...i would like to put on aftermarket coils since the oem are very expensive and i dont like oem stuff..haha..thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you know of any specific sites???...i looked around on here but couldnt find anything im a neeeeebeee so dont know where everything is

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
localtoys73 said:
i need to replace the coils on my 1994...zx6 can anyone tell me where to shop for them besides the dealer...i would like to put on aftermarket coils since the oem are very expensive and i dont like oem stuff..haha..thanks
Nology can be purchased from Lockhart Phillips and the other choice would be Dyna.

Nology coils provide up to 45,000 volts to the plugs. Depends on the coil model, street or race (do not use for the street). Currently use the Nology on our '94 ZX6.

Dyna coils are good. Not much pratical experience with them.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help....so your saying do not use for street use?? i only ride street to much of a wimp to race im just looking for somthing to replace the stock ones since i heard they are pretty weak...any idea where to get the dyna and is it just a bolt on item or are there more mods i have to do? im pretty good with bolt on but thats about it...thanks again

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
localtoys73 said:
thanks for the help....so your saying do not use for street use?? i only ride street to much of a wimp to race im just looking for somthing to replace the stock ones since i heard they are pretty weak...any idea where to get the dyna and is it just a bolt on item or are there more mods i have to do? im pretty good with bolt on but thats about it...thanks again
Nology has two types:
STREET
RACE ONLY

If you use the bike more for transportation, use the STREET coils. If you race or track ride the machine more than 75% of the time, use the RACE ONLY coils. The RACE ONLY coils generate much heat!

I am a bit tired. If I confused you at all, I apologize.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nah cleared things up alot ...i will check them out on monday im just ready to ride...to much work and no riding=very grumpy..laters thanks again

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
localtoys73 said:
nah cleared things up alot ...i will check them out on monday im just ready to ride...to much work and no riding=very grumpy..laters thanks again

No worries! I know about the riding issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
those wires are expensive...but i guess all hobbies are...does all this work with the stock ignition or do i need to upgrade that is well?? the oem is starting to look like a good thing to stick with..o well off to play some hockey
laters

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
localtoys73 said:
those wires are expensive...but i guess all hobbies are...does all this work with the stock ignition or do i need to upgrade that is well?? the oem is starting to look like a good thing to stick with..o well off to play some hockey
laters
It all works best with the OEM CDI. I was running a Vance & Hines PowerPak. These are no longer available and unable to be repaired, according to Vance & Hines. The wires were expensive but very nice! This is what the ignition system on our ZX6 is comprised of:

OEM CDI
OEM COILS (Test pair of NOLOGY PRO FIRE COILS)
NOLOGY PRO WIRES
NGK CR9IX (Race plugs include EK & EKPA)

Late!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry for all the questions just trying to learn all about this stuff....i understand the oem cdi....then you said nology coils and oem coils?? i thought it was one or the other...then the nology wires i dont mind the money if its worth it ...i like to do things right...thanks alot man

1 - 12 of 12 Posts