Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was able to verify that there is an aftermarket battery available for the 99-02 R6.

Batteries Plus - Ask for a 9-BS motorcycle battery. I got one for $45.18 and it's a sealed "spill-proof" battery that drops right in. Just wanted to post up for people that are having the battery leak problem or need to replace theirs and do not want to spend the absurd $170 that Yamaha is now charging for a replacement battery.

·
Registered
184 Posts
straitedgeR6 said:
thanks for the tip its to late for me though I just replaced my last week after mine died

same here lol i replaced my battery about 2 months ago but thanks for the info .... i know now for future reference!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huh, didn't know about that one. What's the number for it? Good info to have, thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey just to let you guys know I met a guy who went to batteries plus and but the $40.00 batterie and he had a diped chrome swing arm an sub frame. and well the batterie leaked and dripped down and ate the chrome off it streakes and looks teribble

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The battery that I got from Batteries Plus has no possible way of leaking. It's a sealed gel-cell that has no venting or relief holes. There is physically no way the battery can leak.

If you're going to replace your battery, make sure it's the sealed gel-cell type.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just dropped $125 for a GT9B-4 battery for my r6 and it's still not running. It started once and will not start again...help?

·
Registered
10 Posts
vijet said:
I just dropped $125 for a GT9B-4 battery for my r6 and it's still not running. It started once and will not start again...help?
Have you tried compression starting? Charging battery (NOT car battery charger) if those dont work, wel lets just say I hope that works.

:beer

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, I was able to verify that there is an aftermarket battery available for the 99-02 R6.

Batteries Plus - Ask for a 9-BS motorcycle battery. I got one for $45.18 and it's a sealed "spill-proof" battery that drops right in. Just wanted to post up for people that are having the battery leak problem or need to replace theirs and do not want to spend the absurd $170 that Yamaha is now charging for a replacement battery.

Thank you!!! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts