Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am guessing school started for all of you, because I am noticing quite a few college threads. SO my question is, what are in college for? What are your majoring in? What are your plans when you get out and try to get the job you've been working for?

I am asking because I am trying to narrow down maybe what i want to attend college for(job wise). Right now, i have no interests that help me narrow down colleges because they specialize in a certain job I might like. I am most likely going to go to a college in a GA because of the Hope Program. So I am just seeing what you guys are going to do once you graduate, and if you graduated sometime before, your still welcome to share your thought, experiences, and say what you majored in and currently do.

The only way I have to narrow jobs down a little, is by.....being able to go to work and not absolutley dread it daily and pay wouldn't be to bad either:lol

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Ca$h said:
So I am guessing school started for all of you, because I am noticing quite a few college threads. SO my question is, what are in college for? What are your majoring in? What are your plans when you get out and try to get the job you've been working for?
Im a junior at IUP, majoring in criminology. i plan to move south or west and get a job in a big city as a police officer.

·
Registered
912 Posts
i'm a junior at Arizona State studing Construction management, I hope to graduate gain some experience and start my own heavy construction business

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How are you liking the classes that go along with it? Aslo it that what you have always wanted to be or just something you thought might be interesting?

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
912 Posts
So far everything with it is looking good. I always wanted to be an engineer but i took my first two years in that program and hated it. I didn't think everyone would be so hard core about professional apperance. But ASU isn't know for there engineering program either. Also the girls here are outragously hot

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:drool ^she is fine

I heard pharmacists make a decent amount of money(like 70k) but I might have been misinformed. I wonder how much extra schooling that takes.......

I hope some more people reply so I can get a more broad opinion..........

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm at Sacramento State doing Criminal Justice. Sac State has a very good CJ department. I tried Civil Engineering for the last 2 years, but I really suck at math and realized it wasn't for me. A bunch of my friends want to be cops and after going on a police ride-along, I decided that's what I want to do. I'm hoping to become a CHP officer for full benefits, retirement, job security, and ever changing challenges among other reasons. Plus, you have set hours and don't have to take work home.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Ca$h said:
:drool ^she is fine

I heard pharmacists make a decent amount of money(like 70k) but I might have been misinformed. I wonder how much extra schooling that takes.......

I hope some more people reply so I can get a more broad opinion..........
You can get into a pharmacy program and be done in 6 years, undergrad and graduate. They make good money and you can get huge signing bonuses when you start out.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wow Im surprised at all the CJ majors. I too am majoring in criminal justice at Chaminade University of Honolulu. It is one of the few places that offers a BS instead of a BA degree.

Ive also heard that pharmacist make bank. I know a retired pharmacist. He would work a shift every couple of days to fill in for sick pharmacist. He made couple hundred bucks a day and got to travel around the state for free. Not bad if you ask me. If your looking into this you may check out dental school. Good money, pretty easy work, alot of school too though.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Well, I went to MSOE (Milwaukee School of Engineering) got my BSME, hated it, only reason I did it because math has always been easy for me, and to basically shut my Dad up. What I really wanted to do was go to Vanderbuilt and obtaine my PHD. but once I got out of shcool with my BSME, of course like most ppl with degree's, I didn't use it. I went into Production Planning and Materials Manager. Both those in the Chicago area start at about 70K, not bad $$, but the bf and I started a construction Co, cuz I figured any idiot can do it and make a load of cash with it. Well, this idiot was right, and now this idiot can do what she wants when ever she want.. :D :lol

But I'm thinking that I might go back to school and get my PHD... something I really want!

·
Registered
9 Posts
that sounds awesome japbike. whats BSME? mechnical engineering? and what do you want to get your phd in?

I'm a senior at UMass Amherst double majoring in Computer Science and Math. I plan on getting my masters in Applied Mathematics after I graduate. I'm kind of dreading the thought of getting a job... but I'm a bit sick of being a broke ass college student. I need some money!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
debussy said:
that sounds awesome japbike. whats BSME? mechnical engineering? and what do you want to get your phd in?
thanks, Yup, that's what she is. A whole $40,000 peice of paper.. :lol

I was thinking about maybe Biochemistry or Biophysics.. I don't know.... but either way, I'm to old to go back to school...

and maybe English since I can't spell my way out a wet paper bag.

Correction: it's Vanderbilt.. not Vanderbuilt... sheeeeeesh!

<<~ DUH!!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I'm in school for biology and chemistry, don't know exactly what I'm going to do afterwords but I'm looking into forensics

·
Registered
91 Posts
Kastivich said:
Wow Im surprised at all the CJ majors.
Well we need people going into Law Enforcement to crack down on all these speeding sportbikers :twofinger . Get a cruiser, kids, so you don't even have to worry about speeding :nerd .

·
Registered
377 Posts
21 natas said:
I'm in school for biology and chemistry, don't know exactly what I'm going to do afterwords but I'm looking into forensics
Chaminade has a forensic science degree. You should look into it. The head of the department, Lee Goff, is pretty famous. He is a consultant to CSI the TV series.

laserb said:
Well we need people going into Law Enforcement to crack down on all these speeding sportbikers :twofinger . Get a cruiser, kids, so you don't even have to worry about speeding :nerd .
Damn right, punk ass kids :twofinger

·
Registered
7 Posts
japbike said:
Well, I went to MSOE (Milwaukee School of Engineering) got my BSME, hated it, only reason I did it because math has always been easy for me, and to basically shut my Dad up. What I really wanted to do was go to Vanderbuilt and obtaine my PHD. but once I got out of shcool with my BSME, of course like most ppl with degree's, I didn't use it. I went into Production Planning and Materials Manager. Both those in the Chicago area start at about 70K, not bad $$, but the bf and I started a construction Co, cuz I figured any idiot can do it and make a load of cash with it. Well, this idiot was right, and now this idiot can do what she wants when ever she want.. :D :lol

But I'm thinking that I might go back to school and get my PHD... something I really want!
Japbike,
wow, really cool to hear your backround work/school related. I am 34 and trying to back to school. I want to major in mechanical engineering. I'd like to dab in working in the field but my backround is totally different so I figure start back to school to get some knowledge first. I am interesting (if you are open to share) in hearing anything about your experience with school and work. I've talked to young and old people in the field but no women/our age group to relate to real life experience in this field. Any imput would be appreciated.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I will graduate in may with a bachelors degree in Software Engineering. This is basically computer software development. I got into this b/c I took a programming class in high school. I enjoyed it and decided to check into it in college. I am enjoying it and should make lots of money when it is over.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good stuff everyone, now I have a few ideas to look up

1 - 20 of 32 Posts