Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still breaking in my FZ6 and was wondering what it's like after 8000rpm....I mean it just seems so tightly wound that its hard to imagine it wanting to go to the redline...It also seems like there would be a lot of vibration...

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
mjg said:
I'm still breaking in my FZ6 and was wondering what it's like after 8000rpm....I mean it just seems so tightly wound that its hard to imagine it wanting to go to the redline...It also seems like there would be a lot of vibration...
You can actually go burst up there while breaking in --- just don't stay there.:)

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
It's a whole different world up there.

The FZ is like two bikes in one. A mild-mannered cruiser around town (under 7000-8000), and a rocket on the open road (above 8000).

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
It is like the difference between a hand job and a blow job! You'll love it!!!

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Believe me, it WANTS to go up there. I have a hard time keeping it at low revs (below 8K)! :slaugh

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Dan'sR1 said:
It is like the difference between a hand job and a blow job! You'll love it!!!
I don't care who you are, THAT'S funny!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
segue00 said:
hhahahah-- It's actually like getting both at the same time, if you ask me!!!!!:lao
wouldn't that still consitute a blow job, just with a little something extra? i'd say its like 2 chicks, a moaner, and a screamer...at the same time.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
mjg said:
Welcome fellow Canadian!

How many kms do you have on yours? I've been running mine up above 10,000 rpms since my 1,000 km service. Can't say much more than WOW! Its a rush, too frenetic to notice any vibration. Its actually really smooth and the revs rise so fast you're too busy shifting and watching the road narrow to worry about any vibes anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
it has absolutely no problem hitting the redline in the first 3 gears. i assure you. i have had a lot of fun practicing shifting just before the rev limiter kicks in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
having not had mine above 7k yet, its already been fast enough that im not sure where i am gonna find a place to ride where i can actually go above that :)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
how did we get off the topic of blow jobs and 2 chicks at the same time, haha.
a thread get back on topic without someone saying, "to get back on topic,..." i am impressed guys, and i will do everything in my power to preserve this, but man talking about 2 chicks is so tempting.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
Basically what everyone else said. Below 8,000 it has pretty linear power delivery. Above 8,000 rpms, it appears to have exponential power delivery :D

8,000+ rpms is fun stuff.

·
Registered
157 Posts
As everyone else mentioned, you'll be too busy trying to keep your pants
dry before noticing any vibrations.
Make sure you transfer more weight on the handlebar when redlining in
lower gears as the front end tends to come up. I pulled wheelies a few times by accident that way...

·
On 2 wheels...
209 Posts
I brought mine up to a little over 10k for the first time yesterday on the way home from work. Went through the first 3 gears like that and was doing WAY over the speed limit!!! What a rush, I can't wait to feel 12k. I just don't know where the heck I'm going to do it...

:banana

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
12000 in first is about 55-60, second its about 85, third is fast, fourth is faster, fifth is about 135-140(if i remember correctly), and i havent hit it in sixth

·
On 2 wheels...
209 Posts
gtfazer6 said:
12000 in first is about 55-60, second its about 85, third is fast, fourth is faster, fifth is about 135-140(if i remember correctly), and i havent hit it in sixth
Does it really go that fast??? I figured it would top out at about 140, but to have a whole gear after that? Holy bejezus... No thanks!

PS - Don't tell my wife!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts