Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone afraid of the end? Does anyone fear it? What do you think of dying and the afterlife (if any..I.E. heaven...hell...god or just 6 feet and thats it)

Do tell.

·
Registered
670 Posts
dont really think about it too much..yes it scares me. i do what i can to be a good person and hope that yeilds good results in the end. aside from that there is only so much i can to.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
death has a dignity all it's own....
i'm not afraid of death but i'm not looking forward to it....
as far as an afterlife - i hope Valhalla exists and i get in...

·
Registered
262 Posts
badgixxer said:
death has a dignity all it's own....
i'm not afraid of death but i'm not looking forward to it....
as far as an afterlife - i hope Valhalla exists and i get in...
:lao thats great
as for death i know it is out there when i go on a convoy its 130 degress trash everywhere and so many places to hide a I.E.D. improvise explosive device.. When i jump out of a airplane in the middle of the night with 100 other guys... when a motar lands like 100 meters away ....
what i did learn that the looming shadow of death make s you apreciate things more and if your number is up your number is up until then live life :cheers

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
4real said:
what i did learn that the looming shadow of death make s you apreciate things more and if your number is up your number is up until then live life :cheers
yep - i was an SF Medic for 9 years and have done battle with Mr Death on many occassions and i have to agree with you "if your number is up your number is up".... example: while i was working on a buddy that took shrapnel (SP?) in the leg - he got hit by small arms fire 3 times (fatally)
- why didn't any of those 3 rounds hit me they were less than a foot from me.... makes you think.....

·
Registered
262 Posts
i don't fear dying...it's just a part of life....not sure what i believe as far as after life...i tend to think that when our loved ones die they are still present watching us and long for when we can all be together again...

i fear leaving my kids and husband with no mom/wife and how they will deal with the loss and just hope that they will know that i love them and that i have cherished every moment with them......i hope that i'm raising them right and that they will be strong when i do leave this world and that they will not let sorrow (or anger) ruin their lives....and that my husband will find happiness again with another person when he's ready...and that she will fall in love with our kids and continue where i left off...i hope that all of their memories of our time together are good ones and that the good times we've had will have made up for the not-so-good times...let's face it, no one is perfect!

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Don't fear it, it can't be avoided. As far as after, your just in the dirt.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
I don't fear death...i fear my family catching me dead.

I keep having this dream that I get out of the shower, slip on the rug, pull the shower curtains down in the process cracking my head open and dying right on the floor...

needless to say i make sure i'm completely dry before i even attempt to get out of the shower :lol

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I am totally NOT afraid of death, but i dont encourage it to come at an early age(take dumbass risks). As racer x once said about a comment about, "its not tragic to die doing something you love." as he said, "wouldnt it be better to stay alive to keep doing what you love?"

As far as the afterlife i am a non-demnomonational(sp?) christian (yes even tho i listen to tool etc...) so i beileve that as long as one believes with all their heart and soul that Jesus died on the cross for ones sins, believes in the trinity, and that jesus rose from the dead 3 days later your good to go(this is the most basic.)

·
$460 gets a Japbike
676 Posts
Not anymore....In fact sometime very soon I'm sure to embrace it.
My cards are all laid out, and everyone has been turned.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Been through 2 helo crashes (well one was a very hard landing) 9 car crashes, one bike crash. I already know its gonna be hard getting into heaven but, looks like hell isnt ready for me yet either.

·
Registered
539 Posts
fengler said:
As far as the afterlife i am a non-demnomonational(sp?) christian (yes even tho i listen to tool etc...) so i beileve that as long as one believes with all their heart and soul that Jesus died on the cross for ones sins, believes in the trinity, and that jesus rose from the dead 3 days later your good to go(this is the most basic.)
:dblthumb If one believes, then there's no reason to be afraid.

I fear how I will die sometimes. Drowning has to be the worst way to go. Got to suck!

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Not at all afraid of death. In fact, sometimes I hope for it (got to be better than the shit going on now)...

·
Registered
488 Posts
i dont fear it, as someone above me said I fear helplessness more. No "afterlife" in the religious sense, but since we contain energy, and energy can't be destroyed then there must be an afterlife in the sense that your energy will be transferred elsewhere..I'm more affraid of that moment RIGHT before death when you know that you are leavin..

As far as affraid of death while riding, I'm not, I'm affraid of what my family is going to through if that happens. I'm an only child and no parent should have to bury ANY of their children..

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm not too afraid of the actual thought of dying. I'm absolutely terrified of having regrets, leaving behind friends and family, etc. As for what comes after, I have no clue. I just live a good life, and I believe there is some higher being out there that created the universe. Other than that...pfft...whatever happens happens. It's out of my control.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I believe people invented religion to explain the unknown, and that the modern religions all surround the last bit of "unknown." We no longer wonder which god is angry when the tornados come.

As for death, it's a non issue after but while alive the idea of cessation of though, including recursive thoughts like those about the knowledge of what death means, can cause a great amount of anxiety if you think about it. But you're choosing to think about it.

The difference between man and the animals is that animals have no awareness of their own death. You can look at society as man trying to justify their existence by creating works to escape death, through writing, building, accumulation of knowledge.

All anxiety seems to be death based in one way or another.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I am afraid to leave my familiy behind but not deth it's self. I just don't want there mom to explain that I am not comming home. Every thing I do is for my kids.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts