Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
G'day ppl,

Just thinking about getting an aerostitch suite, so that I am finally all covered....atm I have no leg protection.

Just wondering how many people have them, and if you can shed some light on the comfort, ease of use, and protection offered. Any info really appreciated....don't want to spend $1100 oz dollars on crap.

EDIT: Also wanted to know how they hold up in the rain?

I know there is a gear section, but I figured more people would read this forum. Thanks again.

Oh, I am not a hard rider, just a pussy that doesn't like pain.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
There is nothing better for the street. Ive had mine for about 8 years. My uncle has one and many riding buddies have them. Its only disadvantage is in hot weather. I can put it on in a few seconds and even wear shorts underneath. I take it off, fold it up and wrap a strap around and walk away.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Are you kidding? I'm not sure if I've ever heard a single bad comment about any Aerostich product. Their catalog is hilarious and fun to read, even if you're not planning on buying anything. Recommended highly.

·
Registered
569 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I am going to purchase one of their messenger bags, so when i start riding to school I will be able to hold my books and whatnot.

·
Invicible for 170M years
2,293 Posts
My dad bought the jacket version of the suit and it's awesome. I want the hi-viz yellow suit so bad. I look through that catalog whenver I'm on the can and I have a zillion things that I want to buy.

·
Registered
569 Posts
ty454 said:
My dad bought the jacket version of the suit and it's awesome. I want the hi-viz yellow suit so bad. I look through that catalog whenver I'm on the can and I have a zillion things that I want to buy.
The hi-viz is so cool! :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
They also offer a decent discount on everything to MSF instructors...heh. I was a fan before I became one, though. I actually havent purchased anything since I was certified.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I was riding across Canada years ago and met a guy with one. We rode together for a week. Everytime it rained I would pull over and change into rain gear. He just kept going on and would meet me later in the day. I bought one as soon as I got home.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Definitely recommend both the Aerostitch catalog and the Roadcrafter suit. I've had my Roadcrafter 1 piece for about 3 years.

The catalog is great. Just about anything you would possibly want to bring with you on a motorcycle. Love the quotes scattered throughout the book. The product descriptions are definitely worth reading. Customer service is great - they are a very easy outfit to deal with.

Love my Roadcrafter suit. Plenty of pockets for all of the little things you need on a ride. The fit is adjustable at the forearms, lower legs, and waist. Great for cool weather - you could wear just a T-shirt under it in temps down to about 55 degrees. With all of the vents open, the suit is pretty comfy in warm weather as well. Lets in enough breeze to cool you down without completely drying you out. You'll roast at stop lights in hot sun, but that goes for just about any riding gear. As long as you're moving, temps in the 80's are just fine. Much warmer than that and you'll want to wet your t-shirt. The vent across the back of the suit is essentially a very large mesh pocket - you can fill it with ice for those really blistering days.

The armor feels very substantial, as do the ballistic nylon panels. I supplemented mine with the optional hip pads and a Bohn Carbon/Kevlar back protector (the one made to fit in Aerostitch suits). It'll be a bit stiff until you break it in.

Ride in a Roadcrafter for a season and you'll feel naked without it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
gpTT said:
With all of the vents open, the suit is pretty comfy in warm weather as well. Lets in enough breeze to cool you down without completely drying you out.
I think my Roadcrafter is more comfortable than my full Fieldsheer mesh suit in 90+ degree weather for exactly that reason. With the mesh gear you're always completely dried out, no sweat on you so you just remain hot all day.

With the Roadcrafter you can open the vents and if you wear gauntlet style gloves you can tuck them under your sleeves instead of over them to get a bit of a draft going up your arm. You still sweat a bit, but there's enough airflow to keep you feeling nice and cool.

I went for a 1000+ mile ride last Saturday and temps dipped into the 60's, I think. I was only wearing a t-shirt and shorts beneath it and I froze my ass off. But that could be because I'm used to dealing with 90+ degree temperatures while on the bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts