Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to go to the track with a friend tomorrow. It's kind of spur of the moment, and I don't have a set of leathers. This particular track allows Aerostich suits, and I have one of those.

I realize most people will tell me "leather only for the track," but that's not an option at this point.

Here's my question...

What do you guys wear under your textile suits at the track? On the street, I always wear a pair of jeans and an Under Armour t-shirt under the Aerostich. Will that be too hot just standing around at the track? I went last year just to watch, and there was one guy with an Aerostich there. He wore shorts under the suit, so that's my other option. I've never tried that before, plus I've heard textile can melt and stick to you during a slide.

Any opinions other than "leather only?"

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
I'd wear the jeans but I'm overly cautious. Why worry about too hot when the suit comes off in like ten seconds between sessions?

·
F-You and Yourspace!
799 Posts
just wear some kind of armor underneath. The aerostich will help with abrasions, the armor is where you get the protection.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd wear the jeans but I'm overly cautious. Why worry about too hot when the suit comes off in like ten seconds between sessions?
Good point.

just wear some kind of armor underneath. The aerostich will help with abrasions, the armor is where you get the protection.
The Aerostich has hard armour in the shoulders, elbows, and knees. I also have these weird gel pads for my hips. The track requires hard protection for your back, so I have a spine protector as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i would wear tight fitting armor underneath. The armor that comes with the Stich is nice, but way too loose to be of any value.... basically worthless...

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Aerostich manual says that you should always wear street clothes under the suit. Long pants and long sleeved shirt. The suit is for street crashes, I think the nonreinforced parts would wear through in an instant at track speeds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts