Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does it do to the readings if an AFR is after the cat?

the bike isnt a problem as i guess change of pipes is less restrictive so it would read the change if before the cat but the auto if I go turbo say i need 3 feet from the exhaust port, no way, my downpipe will be about 12"
so I would be looking at placement behind the cat.

I ask cause they make the holder to clamp it in the pipe which puts it behind the cat on both the bike and car? :bitchslap

·
Registered
196 Posts
Well if you put the AFR after the cat you will read lean all the time as the cat burns off all unburned fuel. You also don't want it to close to the exuast port as it is way to hot especaily on a rotary which has flames coming out the port. Hey do you have your old upper fairings I dropped my bike doing about 40mph and I need some new upper fairings. Oh when can I checkout your bike I just want to look at it and see your R1 front end I was wanting to do the same thing to mine. I also know alot about car tuning and what not for turbos maybe I could give you some help.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh sorry mark I actually used it to integrate the R1 into the proper fit, Ill get with you whenever I put it back to gether or at least can ride it again, I am finally welding the exhaust. Yes its been down for months !! but then again i havent been going anywhere so I dont need any trans.

ah yeah I forgot that about the cat, wonder how the LM1 device works rt then? unless they didnt specify non cat apps only.....

on the turbo are you saying the sensor needs to be 36" from the turbo exhaust or engine @header?? Ill have an external wastegate if it helps but the only other thing would be move the cat and I didnt want to mess with that, Focus SVT has a funky cat

·
Registered
196 Posts
Well if it is an oxygen sensor put it on the downpipe about midway in between the the cat and down pipe it should be fine there. Oh and get rid of that factory cat even though newer cats work better and don't really hinder exhuast flow that much you will need a b***** cat as your whole exhuast will need to be atleast 2.5inch. Oh the lm1 device should work the same as any other. I am just guessing that it would show up lean if you place the sensor after the cat cuase the cats job is to cleanup the unburnt fuel. if you want you can reach me at 713-898-1660 my name is mark and that is my cell phone if you have any other questions or if you want to checkout each otherbikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts