Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw them at a dealership, and they look ok, I saw them post on this forum when someone sold them(I got late), can someone tell me how much stuff can you stuff in them?.
I have a Nelson riggs tank bag and is cool I can stuff a lot of s.. but now I am looking for some afordable good quality, goodlooking saddle bags, the onlyones I like so far ar these ones http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=8062&department=668&division=6 and the nelson riggs mini sport bags, Can anybody help me and tell me if I can stuff on these pair of bags the next items:
2 pair of shoes (man-woman)
6 t-shirts
3 underwears-3 panties
4 pair of socks
2 shorts
2 sport pants

Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
I bought a bag from MotoPak earlier this year. Great bag, great price. Just took it on a 1,800 km trip and it performed flawlessly.... They have two sizes of saddlebags that look great. I think the owner drives an FZ-1 so he can't ba all bad, plus he sponsors this site :)

The address is www.motopakluggage.com/

happy shopping!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Just ordered the Fieldsheer Rio saddle and tail bags (on sale at Brockton above)

I'll post reviews when I get them, including the all-important "gallon(s) of milk test."

·
Street Warrior
143 Posts
Photos of the trailer?? I would like to see it. This web site is really the place to go for answers on my new bike.

Thanks,

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, I went to the dealer today to check the tourmaster saddle bags, I have a concern and whoever has them, please help me out here. I saw a piece of foam or sort kind of thing that goes between the bags and the plastic parts of the fz6 (to protect it from scratching the biKe), but my question here is Would it melt when touch the exaust parts?, because it does touch it when you put the bags on the bike.

I check the capacity and they work ok for us, it will feet all the stuff we need for 3 days. So please let me know if someone has placed these bags and how was the outcome with that protective part that touches the exaust.
Thanks

·
Registered
482 Posts
fz6yamaha said:
Hey, I went to the dealer today to check the tourmaster saddle bags, I have a concern and whoever has them, please help me out here. I saw a piece of foam or sort kind of thing that goes between the bags and the plastic parts of the fz6 (to protect it from scratching the biKe), but my question here is Would it melt when touch the exaust parts?, because it does touch it when you put the bags on the bike.

I check the capacity and they work ok for us, it will feet all the stuff we need for 3 days. So please let me know if someone has placed these bags and how was the outcome with that protective part that touches the exaust.
Thanks
I just did a trip to Deal's Gap for 5 days, 400 miles one way and used these bags, heat was not a problem. I have after market Arrows on the bike, they get to about the same temp as the stock shield. And if I remember right, that protective foam doesn't contact the exhaust anyway because you can adjust with the velcro for the correct width. I think I folded mine under a little. It's not an issue, you'll like these bags, I used them along with matching tail bag.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those bags will be then, I really like them, not plannig on getting the tail bag thoug, I already have a tank bag, but defitly will get these pair.
Thanks for the tip maste.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Chase Harper Stealth Saddlebags

I was taken by a photo posted by eprior who owned the Chase Harper Stealth Tank and Saddlebags (www.chaseharper.com). I broke down and ordered this setup for my new FZ6. They have a newer version with a color coordinated zipper. They're a bit different in styling than your typical bag and I really like the sleek look. The saddlebags are just a tiny bit smaller than Motopak's GTS-60s according to the stated dimensions. I don't need anything large as this is primarily a commuter bike for me.

I'll take a few pictures when I get them installed and give everyone a look at the newer version. I hope to receive them by Saturday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts