Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM LOOKING TO UPGRADE FROM MY 750 KATANA.ANY ADVICE.I HAVE FOUND A GSXR 750 FOR AROUND 3500 AND I was wondering is 3000 too much for a 99 fireladefiffireblade wth 11k and is that a good bike.would like something lighterthan the kat

·
Registered
971 Posts
If the GSXR is an FI model, I'd go with it over the CBR 900 and avoid dealing with the carbs. Otherwise, I'd pick the one that was in the best condition.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
caps locked and terrible spelling, :puke

but seriously, when it comes to getting the next bike, pick one that YOU like the looks of, not anyone else.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I don't think I'm going to sway your mind with this post; but I'd recommend going the 600cc route. CBR600F4i, or GSXR600, along those lines.
Coming from your Katana, they're liquid cooled and will produce a good bit more horsepower.
85 vs ~100 ( the 01+ GSXR600 are fuel injected, and make 100+hp)

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Even a SV650 will be an upgrade compared to the old Katana 750.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry stupid auto correct.Anyways the fireblade has a salvage title and I feel a little leary about dropping that much on a bike thats been wrecked.kinda frustrateing when they dont include that info in the ad or tell you when you call .Wouldnt have wasted the gas to go look at it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stupid auto correct.Anyhow the blade has a salvage title and I'm kindof leary about buying a previously wrecked bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I think Im gonna go with the 03 750 gsxr .I talked to the guy he said he wanted 3500 but I got him to go down to 3000.I had a 1100 96 model did'nt handle all that well bad plenty of power.seems like a good deal with low miles

1 - 11 of 11 Posts