Sport Bikes banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp, along with my depts. regular in-service they are sending a lot of us to advanced officer survival at the state academy. We will be covering a lot of stuff in a short time and I can't tell a lot about it but today were given a demonstration and we were test subjects.

To see how the physical affects on the body really is in a life and death situation they wanted us to get our heart rates up and see some of the effects and how they affect us. In this situation they had us on a stopwatch and we disassembled our side arms and put them back together, immediately after that we had to run a distance and jump over a guardrail, 5 foot wall, then a 7 foot wall, crawl thru a large cement pipe, then run to a few flights of stairs and go up them and back down, then run to a 180# drag dummy and drag it 90 feet then sprint about 100 yards and disassemble and reassemble the gun. Best I can say is WOW!!! You would be amazed what happens when a person's heart rate jumps up above the 115-145 bpm rate!!

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
That sounds like a good stess course, but at the end turn it into a shoot/no shoot situation.

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kneedraggin650s said:
That sounds like a good stess course, but at the end turn it into a shoot/no shoot situation.

That's coming Wednesday night :D Along with a ton of live fire situations and another ton of simunition force on force shootings.

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
Good luck!

As for the 115-145 BPM, Pshaaaa.....I can do that shuffling my feet to the fridge. :banana OH wait, nevermind :bitchslap

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Luvin' Twins said:
Good luck!

As for the 115-145 BPM, Pshaaaa.....I can do that shuffling my feet to the fridge. :banana OH wait, nevermind :bitchslap

:lao

First time I stripped and put my Beretta .40 back together in 12 seconds and after the course it took me 18 secs.

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
I remember racing with an M-16 and then trying to do a functions check.

Tried the same thing with an M-2...Yup, much slower.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Sweet! That is the kind of stuff I wish we could do. I put in a request for a 3 day Surviving Patrol course. Covers officer survival for patrol specific duties, not specialty units. It was turned down because the course cost $395. I know there are a lot of officer survival courses out there, but not many that cover patrol specific duties, like traffic sceneros, domestics, susp persons calls, alarm calls, etc. even those these are basic operations additional training and situations would be helpful.

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Luvin' Twins said:
I remember racing with an M-16 and then trying to do a functions check.

Tried the same thing with an M-2...Yup, much slower.

I am just glad I didn't use my 1911 for this....I didn't have a friggin barrel bushing wrench with me :lao

Tomorrow is defensive tactics....already got my jock and protective cup packed :D

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kneedraggin650s said:
Sweet! That is the kind of stuff I wish we could do. I put in a request for a 3 day Surviving Patrol course. Covers officer survival for patrol specific duties, not specialty units. It was turned down because the course cost $395. I know there are a lot of officer survival courses out there, but not many that cover patrol specific duties, like traffic sceneros, domestics, susp persons calls, alarm calls, etc. even those these are basic operations additional training and situations would be helpful.

Shit, come to TN bro....that is the course I am in right now and the price was $160!!! They geared it specifically for patrol :phatyo

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I would get there and you would move, besides not sure I want to work for your PD.

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kneedraggin650s said:
I would get there and you would move, besides not sure I want to work for your PD.

:eek:nfloor On both accounts!!! It could be worse.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
True! Is blueadrenaline going to the Gap? I hear you went riding with him today?

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kneedraggin650s said:
True! Is blueadrenaline going to the Gap? I hear you went riding with him today?

He works on the shift that covers when my shift is off so he might not be able to make this one but maybe a future one.

Yeah we rode for about an hour or so today.....damn was it fun!!!

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Does he work with you? Maybe the trip in July then.

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kneedraggin650s said:
Does he work with you? Maybe the trip in July then.

Yeah, same dept. bro :D

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
Buddy of mine is just finishing up his paramedic street time. He took a tactical medic course out in California. They did search/seizure, react to ambush and a million other scenarios. They had to stop under fire and render aid. He loved it. He works for a PMC and for the time being loves his job.

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts
Dang, I am so out of shape I would not be able to finish that course, much less disassemble and reassamble my sidearm after it.

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
EEfz6 said:
Dang, I am so out of shape I would not be able to finish that course, much less disassemble and reassamble my sidearm after it.

It ain't "easy" let me tell ya bro!

Today was fight day. So had to work on grappling, disarming, fighting, weapon retention , take downs, escapes and a host of other stuff. Damn am I tired and sore.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts