Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

IMy first bike was a 93 suzuki Katana that i rode for 3 month... was really heavy (though quite a good starter, got it cheap and it was nt really perfect looking, dropped it once practicing slow movement turns, so hard on it!!!)
I then got a 94 CBR 600 F2 that I have been riding for about 3000 miles.

I am looking to get a newer sportbike... possibly an F4 or F4i or a Zx6r.
I am quite tall (6"3) and I know on the F2 i sometimes have back problem when leaning, not very comfortable at all, are the F4 better or should I be looking at another brand that as beeter ergos?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I'm not sure exactly since I haven't sat on them all, but from everything I've read, the newer they are, the more sport oriented they are (ie-less comfortable). So, if you want comfort I imagine many suggestions will include bikes like the following: SV's, FZ's, YZF600r's, etc. Good luck on your quest, comfort is pretty much a sacrifice for this sport.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
The 04 and newer F4I has better ergos than an all out SS.With that comes great handleing and speed.

welcome to SBN

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how about the older F4i gen are they the same? I dont want to buy a brand new one because the full insurance (would have to finance) would be of 4k/y more than my 5er BMW. ugh.

I guess Il just have to try to sit on a couple of them... to get a limited feel of what it is.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Up untill 04,the F4I was Honda's 600cc race bike and the ergo's was set as such.It's now more of a sport touring/comuter bike that hauls a$$.

Maybe one of the guys on here that has one can point you in the direction of some cheap insurance.Or you could shop around for it.I use 3 different insurance co. just because one can be cheaper on one thing than another.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts