Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a confession to make. I'm addicted to SBN. Yep, I think I really have a problem :(

I have to log on first thing in the morning to see what I missed the night before cuz I have to go to bed so early.

At work I can't log on due to the strict internet policy that my company has, but I can check my email through the web to see if I have any notices of replies to threads that I subscribe to. Yes - I subscribe to threads & get email notification so I can keep tabs on them. Sad, isn't it?

Then when get home at night, I am logged on again asap to see what I missed during the day.

What makes this even more alarming is that I don't have an addictive personality. My only other addictions are caffeine & motorcyles. Even when I used to smoke I stopped cold turkey for each pregnancy and didn't start again until after I was finished breast-feeding. Until, after the last one, one day I suddenly couldn't smoke anymore because my body wouldn't let me. I became physically ill when I tried, so I quit for the last time and never smoked again. That was 15 years ago.

Am I the only one who can't stay away from this board for more than a few hours?

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
IM like that too, i wanna see if i have any replies to my threads while i slept. I can post here at work so i dont have that trouble. Do you use SuperScout or equivelant at work? If so i may be able to help ya by it :)

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reckless01 said:
IM like that too, i wanna see if i have any replies to my threads while i slept. I can post here at work so i dont have that trouble. Do you use SuperScout or equivelant at work? If so i may be able to help ya by it :)
I don't think so, but everything has changed so much the last few years it's hard to keep up. The problem isn't that I can't get to the site, it's that everything is tracked. I can justify going to some places on the web while at work, but not to a message board. :rolleyes Thanks for wanting to help me feed my addiction though! :lao

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
well the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem...... :beer
the second step is to fuck my brains out..... :phatyo

·
Registered
773 Posts
i go through stages i think more poeple should start gopin to sbn chat so we can chat in person

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
dreamy333 said:
i go through stages i think more poeple should start gopin to sbn chat so we can chat in person
you wanna chat in person come to AZ.... :phatyo

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
shit.. I dont have internet at home.. so EVERY SINGLE one of my posts have been while at work.. up to 522 posts from work now, and counting!!

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
I get somewhat addicted at times.... Just depends on what else I have going on in life. But I do have to check the site everyday.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I get somewhat addicted at times too. Since I've recently taken an interest to changing other's custom titles (I think it's all fun and games) I've been posting a lot to get points. Hey- does anyone know how else to get points- besides stealing them??

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
Free points for dance.....

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
acalliste said:
I have a confession to make. I'm addicted to SBN. Yep, I think I really have a problem :(

I have to log on first thing in the morning to see what I missed the night before cuz I have to go to bed so early.

At work I can't log on due to the strict internet policy that my company has, but I can check my email through the web to see if I have any notices of replies to threads that I subscribe to. Yes - I subscribe to threads & get email notification so I can keep tabs on them. Sad, isn't it?

Then when get home at night, I am logged on again asap to see what I missed during the day.

What makes this even more alarming is that I don't have an addictive personality. My only other addictions are caffeine & motorcyles. Even when I used to smoke I stopped cold turkey for each pregnancy and didn't start again until after I was finished breast-feeding. Until, after the last one, one day I suddenly couldn't smoke anymore because my body wouldn't let me. I became physically ill when I tried, so I quit for the last time and never smoked again. That was 15 years ago.

Am I the only one who can't stay away from this board for more than a few hours?
Heck I don't think i've logged off this thing in the last week. I always keep it up. First thing I do when I get up is like you said check to see what is new. Go to work, check it a few times throughout the day. As soon as I get home I pull it up and i'm on it till i go to bed.

I don't do the subscribe to threads anymore because my email box kept filling up to much :lol Plus like i said i'm on here enough to know when there's a new post.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rascus said:
Heck I don't think i've logged off this thing in the last week. I always keep it up. First thing I do when I get up is like you said check to see what is new. Go to work, check it a few times throughout the day. As soon as I get home I pull it up and i'm on it till i go to bed.

I don't do the subscribe to threads anymore because my email box kept filling up to much :lol Plus like i said i'm on here enough to know when there's a new post.
since I do subscribe and I do get some responses in my email, I saw how you originally ended this message :boink Yes, it does help that hot women are on here, but there are some hot guys too, and no it didn't sound lame. :D

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
I'm one of the reasons she is addicted

·
20,262 Posts
acalliste said:
since I do subscribe and I do get some responses in my email, I saw how you originally ended this message :boink Yes, it does help that hot women are on here, but there are some hot guys too, and no it didn't sound lame. :D

:lol :urowned

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
And I thought I was the only one. Maybe we can get a big pharmaceutical to make a drug to ebb the addiction w/ a laundry list of side-effects including: headache, nausea, diarehha, dizziness, sensativity to light, dry throat, constipation, urinary retention, hypotension, arrhythmia, confusion, day tremors, impotence, jaw cramps, anxiety, agitation, sweating, psychosis, delusions, and hypoglycaemia.

Fred, can we get this going? Contact a Merck rep. stat! They make some quality drugs!! *cough*Vioxx*cough*

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
checking out SBN is part of my routine after I get out from work and before I study so I kinda know how you feel.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I was trying to cut back a couple weeks ago. My average daily post count has now gone from 6 to around 7.4 - considering I've been on here since April and didn't post much my first 2 months, thats a good jump up - while trying to cut back.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
I'm hooked.

The worst part is that there was a crash about a year ago that ate up everything.So when you see some of with post counts up in the thousands.........we really have a lot more...........It's really sad if you think about it long enough.

·
20,262 Posts
alaska cajun said:
I'm hooked.

The worst part is that there was a crash about a year ago that ate up everything.So when you see some of with post counts up in the thousands.........we really have a lot more...........It's really sad if you think about it long enough.

Yea I know what you mean. I see my count and I'm sure most people think I'm "post-whoring" but I think most of my posts are valid post. I'm just on here so much that I see alot of the threads and post up. Sad thing is I have to restrain myself to not post more :lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts