Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got in an accident last friday. i bartend at this bar, and after we closed up i start heading home (Sober), and im stopped waiting for a car to pull out so i can make a right. it was a four lane road, but pretty empty at 330 in the morning. well as im sitting there waiting to turn i see this guy behind me coming up, serving out of his lane into my lane, and hes not slowing down, and it looks like hes either going to hit me or the car that im waiting on to pull out, so as he gets closer and it looks like hes not changing, i drop it in gear and start pulling to the side as he swerves at the last minute. his bumper clipped my rear tire, and my bike went flying one way, and i got launched up in the air and landed on the sidewalk. the the car slams into the car that had just pulled out, the one i was waiting one.i get up and my right shoulder was disloacted and i had road rash. (i wasnt wearing my jacket). when i get up and shape myself off, i see the driver of the car who got hit beating up on the drunk who hit us. the cops came, arrested him for dui, the paramedics came and popped my shoulder in, which by the way, id rather chew the thing off then have to pop it back in socket. that is painfull. i was right by my house and before i went to the hospital (just for a check), my roomie came out and got my bike in the driveway. the bike was actually lucky. i had a spare helmet tied to the passenger handrail, and it flipped onto that side, so only the helmet got scratched on the back. in the front, theres 2 small scratches on the bottom part of the engine, and the fairing has a blinker sized hole it. when it fell, the blinker folded up and pressed in the fairing, punching a hole in it.there is a little scratch on the bottom of the blinker, but other then that the bike is fine. the gas tank came through unscathed. But now i need to get a replacement fairing. the douche that hit us didnt have insurance, so i have pay for it myself, or take him to court, which isnt worth it for just a fairing. Its def worth an ass whooping though. If anyone knows where i can get a replacement fairing, please let me know, i cant find one anywhere. also, i say a car cut off this guy on his bike the other day, CBR600RR, and he tried to kick the car, almost whiping out in the process... not a good idea. just carry around a little neon colored squirt gun filled with brake fluid or paint remover and give them a squirt. just make it brightly colored that way noone thinks you pulled a real gun and sicks the cops on you.

·
Registered
686 Posts
man, that sucks! at least you came out relatively unscathed due to your quick thinking.

for oem parts try www.cycle-parts.com. There is a slight wait though, but parts are pretty cheap.

·
Registered
72 Posts
amraam35 said:
i get up and my right shoulder was disloacted and i had road rash. (i wasnt wearing my jacket). when i get up and shape myself off, i see the driver of the car who got hit beating up on the drunk who hit us.
Too bad your shoulder was screwed up, you could have helped to beat the crap out of him! Good luck with your recovery.

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
I think that security system i heard about would have worked. What was that?? oh yeah a model 1911 S&W. Damn Drunks!! Why cant they find a DD? I hope you can get your bike parts really cheap. I also wish you a fast recovery. Ive had my shoulder and left hip out and i gotta agree it hurts like hell.

·
Registered
149 Posts
good to hear that you are OK ... a big reminder for the rest of us that shit can happen while we are sitting still and while we are very close to home ... I have a link for OEM parts (may be the same as posted) on my machine at work I can post tomorrow if you still want more than have been posted

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just went to the Yamaha site they have the full schematics with part numbers, write them down then just go to your local yamaha dealer. The parts for the faring arn't too expensive.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. It's surprising that the bike was not worse but that's a good thing for you since the guy didn't have insurance.
Let's see, no insurance, driving drunk, hits a bike and a car......the guy sounds like a low life!! People like that should not be allowed to drive again for 20 years or some shit like that.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident, Amraam! It sounds like it could have been worse if not for your awarness of what was going on. Best of luck with the shoulder and bike!

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Glad you are allright. You should be able to pick up the fairing from your Yamaha Dealer for under a $100. When I was down in Florida I ran into a guy at the dealership that laid his FZ6 down, and he said he paid like $80 some dollars, and it took them less than a week to get it in. I was suprised how cheap it was.

I try to support my local dealership as long as they are there to support me. But hey if they are looking to rip you off, then yeah head for parts on the 'net.

·
Registered
103 Posts
SqDancerLynn1 said:
Check with your own insurancce Co? if you have uninsured motorest coverage They will cover it and it will not go against you
Good call. I was just logging on to post this myself. I got my new policy in for that and found it as I was looking over the policy. They should cover it if you have it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i did have uninsured motorist and they covered it with no deductible.. i installed it my self though to save time... it only took about 30 min start to finish.

·
Registered
2 Posts
oem fairing set

hey do you think they are under a $1000 bucks for oem set.I'm looking for the original black and gray top,both sides and rear fairings for 2003 ,1300 busa.If anyone has that for sale let me now please!!!!!!!!!!!!1

krushchev said:
man, that sucks! at least you came out relatively unscathed due to your quick thinking.

for oem parts try www.cycle-parts.com. There is a slight wait though, but parts are pretty cheap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts