Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we were moving me up to school again about 2 weeks ago, with a swerving U-Haul trailer. Stop at a truck stop, with the ZX11 in the back on the Avalanche, and the trailer in tow. We were going to have the receiver flipped to raise the tongue of the trailer and try to fix the problem.

Anyways, small world, the guy working on our trailer is married to one of my father's co-workers. He also happens to have an R6. He tells us of his rear tire blowout which left hit flying over the handlebars, and of his high speed runs to/from work. He sounds like a decent, responsible rider, except of course for his high speed runs. We part our ways, we make it to school fine, etc etc.

Today, my Dad sends me this link in an e-mail: http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=12803800&BRD=1574&PAG=461&dept_id=532215&rfi=6

The motorcycle rider who was killed is the guy that worked on our trailer 2 weeks ago. I don't know the whole story, and noone will, but we do know he was traveling at a high rate of speed.

I know it is an easily avoidable accident, but it still hits close to home. About a year or two ago I lost another friend in a motorcycle accident. His helmet wasn't strapped, he hit a curb, helmet was jarred off, and he landed on his head.

Stuff like this is a huge reality check, and forces me to keep my ego at bay while riding.

RIP to all of our fallen brothers, regardless of how they died.

Arron Larkin

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats insane.

If I have my names correct, we used to cross over that rairoad crossing every weekend when we went to our Log Cabin before we sold it, it was in that neighborhood.

Man, crazy pictures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts